Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Lights on the Castle in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by mattj4226 Oh bless you! I went I skating once in Michigan. I was scared out of my wits! It took me over an hour to make one ...
    aurora&goofy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    Oh bless you! I went I skating once in Michigan. I was scared out of my wits! It took me over an hour to make one loop around the rink. But anyway thats beside the point.
    Well, at least you tried!! I have tried so many times to get people to come skating and they all say "i'll be there" and never show up, so good for you! i always encourage ppl to try skating

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    Why would you think no one would care that you skate? I personally love skating... of course, I played hockey back in the day, so my technique on the ice (power skating) is very far removed from figure skating, but I am at least very comfortable on the ice and have a great respect and admiration for anyone who can do the kinds of things figure skaters do.

Gosh how I miss hockey...
    i dunno, i guess when u grow up in fla and ppl find out u've figure skated ur whole life they just look at u like ur the biggest idiot out there. that's cool you played hockey, i love hockey! sounds kinda weird that a figure skater would love hockey, but i do. hate those grooves ya'll leave in the ice tho!! but i'm sure ya'll hate the holes we leave hehehe.
    and

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanFykes View Post
    Ricky Brigante has a Downloadable HD version of the whole show on his attractionsmagazine.com site. I downloaded it and My almost 3 year old DD has to have watched it at least 60 times.... she screams "daddy its so BEAUTIFUL and sparkily!!!" up until i downloaded this, she didnt know exactly how to point and click with the mouse, but now she knows how to click the icon and start/restart the video. she squeals in delight when the Fairygodmother appears, and screams "bibbity bobbity boo" right along with her. My 1 yo DS screams "Again" and claps at the end. She is going to lose her frickin' mind when we see it in person in a few weeks!
    I would give just about anything to be standing next to your when she sees the castle light up in person. (That way no one would pay me any attention as I lose my mind when I see for myself.) I just viewed the video you recommended. That's probably the best version I've seen thus far. I wonder what type of camera he uses? He had to have a tripod which helped a lot too.
    Last edited by mini-V; 11-25-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think that it is probably too good for my computer. It's very choppy on mine. And I can't use youtube because my internet server has it blocked. Does anyone know of another place I can watch this video?
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I think that it is probably too good for my computer. It's very choppy on mine. And I can't use youtube because my internet server has it blocked. Does anyone know of another place I can watch this video?
    What a shame. I couldn't get the other two choices to download, so I had to go to Youtube.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    MouseSteps has some great wallpaper for your computer of the castle lit up: MouseSteps - Desktop Wallpapers (Christmas)
    Thank you for my new wallpaper! I picked #2, we saw the castle last week, everyone stopped dead in their tracks as the castle went on, nobody moved.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    What a shame. I couldn't get the other two choices to download, so I had to go to Youtube.
    Oh well, I guess I can wait until the week after next when I'll be able to see it in person. The suspense is killing me.
    - Matt

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I have a HUGE problem! We have reservations at Crystal Palace at 5:10 and I really wanna see the show. My DM called and the next available time is at 8:00. Do you think there will be cancellations at the last minute? My DM also said that I go outside and see the show while they're eating. Can I see it from Crystal Palace (indoors or out)? I've never been there before.

Thanks!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

You could probably go outside and see it. The Cyrstal Palace (in case you don't know) is just off of Main Street and Adventureland, so you could at least hear the show and see the lights come on. I think you would be a little too far to actually see the show (unless you bring binoculars). If you can't make it to that particular show, try to come back and see it, you do have 7 days.
    - Matt

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    You could probably go outside and see it. The Cyrstal Palace (in case you don't know) is just off of Main Street and Adventureland, so you could at least hear the show and see the lights come on. I think you would be a little too far to actually see the show (unless you bring binoculars). If you can't make it to that particular show, try to come back and see it, you do have 7 days.
    I'd keep those resie's and walk outside, the show isn't long and the music and the casle lights seems to grab the crowds the most. It is so packed the odds that you'd be able to get closer to the stage without giving up a great deal of touring time isn't in your groups favor. You're in a great spot to see the castle. We watched from the Tommorowland bridge which is about an equal distance on the other side. You've got a great dining time.

nbodyhome is offline B-Ticket Holder
    MouseSteps has some great wallpaper for your computer of the castle lit up: MouseSteps - Desktop Wallpapers (Christmas)
    I am glad you liked them, thanks also for the comment on my site. I have a few others I'd like to get up, I just haven't learned to do it myself yet (and it will be time consuming when I do).

Denise

nbodyhome is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have a HUGE problem! We have reservations at Crystal Palace at 5:10 and I really wanna see the show. My DM called and the next available time is at 8:00. Do you think there will be cancellations at the last minute? My DM also said that I go outside and see the show while they're eating. Can I see it from Crystal Palace (indoors or out)? I've never been there before.

Thanks!
    I would take the 8pm reservations. That way, you can see the show and enjoy the lights - then have dinner, and go to the fireworks after that. If you get there 15 minutes early, you should be able to get closer to the stage (if not during Christmas week), and the crowds seem to disperse quickly after that. I like getting photos from there when the sky hasn't gone black yet.

The show is maybe 10 minutes or so long - worth seeing from close up.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Thanks for the tips. I think we'll keep the reservations (b/c my parent's don't wnat to eat late). There is EMH that night so I'll be able go get some good pics.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I am glad you liked them, thanks also for the comment on my site. I have a few others I'd like to get up, I just haven't learned to do it myself yet (and it will be time consuming when I do).

Denise
    Thanks for posting (and taking?) those pictutes of the castle. I have the one with the Christmas Tree in front of it as my background.
    - Matt

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post

Denise
    Denise -

Those are gorgeous. Ah, to be able to pull a Mary Poppins and jump right into a picture...

Smack81

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456