Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New MVMCP Parade Pictures! in the News & Rumors forums; This is from WDW News Today: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade A reader sent us these great pictures of the new parade at the Magic Kingdom: Thank you to ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Talking New MVMCP Parade Pictures!

This is from WDW News Today:

Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade

A reader sent us these great pictures of the new parade at the Magic Kingdom:

Thank you to Dizney407 for the pictures!!!

From what I can make of it, it looks like most of the floats have been refurbished, but only two are completely new. I have not heard the music to the parade either, so I will hold off my opinions on this parade until I see it for myself in December.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Those Gingerbread people are so cute! I would want to run out into the street and take a bite out of a leg.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Ohhh how exciting! I'm so looking forward to attending my first MVMCP!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I want one of those outfits from the 2nd to last picture.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    When was this parade run? I see the castle lights are lit up in the background, which is surprising because I was told by the several Cast Members I talked to Sunday night that it (Sunday) was the first time the lights had been lit for the public. But if they were on for this parade, then obviously that cannot be entirely true.

Bummer... I was all excited, thinking I was present at their public "unveiling". Guess not. "...Bah, Humbug".
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Maybe the cm to whom you spoke to hadn't seen the castle lights before that night either, Don.
    My memory is poor, but the floats looked different to me; more than just refurbished. The girls on skates look familiar and the gingerbread men are one of my favorites from the 1st year I saw the parade. In just over 30 days I'll have my own pictures to post. Unfortunately, they probably won't be as good as these, but I will have been THERE to take them!!!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i love it!! i wish i could go again..LOL
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wanna gooooooooooo!!!!!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Hey, as long as they keep the toy soldiers, the rest doesn't matter to me. I LOVE the toy soldiers and their little marching band.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Maybe the cm to whom you spoke to hadn't seen the castle lights before that night either, Don.
    I had taken that into consideration, which was why I asked three different sources, two of which were CMs, and one was a guest who said that they had heard it from a CM themselves. Every one of them said that Sunday was the first time the lights were on to the public, and yet obviously... we all stand corrected. Oh well... I had been hoping to be the first to post the lights, but there will be more "firsts" for me to try to get to, I'm sure. After all, since I've become a "local" and an AP holder, I have been able to preview a handful of rides, such as Soarin' and Everest, before they have opened, see the first ever public showing of Finding Nemo the Musical, and various other little things like that. I'm sure I'll get another shot at being first for something else. In the meantime, I better go update the lights thread with the news...

I'm still curious when this parade was run though. Obviously it was pre-Sunday... but I wonder when exactly, as I'd heard no mention of them doing a soft-run of this parade until I stumbled on this last night.
    -Don-

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Main Street -

I'm just wondering - are you a current or former CM? You always seem to be really in "the know", but maybe that's just 'cause you're a local and an AP.

Smack81

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    His GF is a CM. And he is smart. And he flies planes!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Cool! Well, thanks for all the good info, Main Street!

Quote Originally Posted by Smack81 View Post
    Main Street -

I'm just wondering - are you a current or former CM? You always seem to be really in "the know", but maybe that's just 'cause you're a local and an AP.

Smack81
    Thanks for the kind words!

Sadly, no... I'm not a cast member. Just a highly addicted Disney fan/nutcase! I want to be one (a cast member, not a nutcase... I've got that one down pat already), but it's not a practical option for me right now. Maybe if I lived about 30 minutes closer, and money wasn't quite as tight as it is now, then I could find a way to do it. Cindy is right however, about my girlfriend being a CM. But to be honest, she isn't really the source of much of my inside info Occasionally I'll hear something from her first, but that's really not the norm, especially nowadays. She was on the college program last year, and while she was quite involved and "connected" at the time, since she is now only seasonal and is really only down here every few months to work a couple days in order to keep her status active (and keep all her cool CM discounts and benefits), it's rare for her to get much Disney news that I haven't already heard about. In fact, it's usually me relaying the news and rumors to her.

I do try to stay "in the know" as much as possible when it comes to Disney stuff, but most of that comes from the fact that I hang out online with the kind of people like you guys here, fellow Disney enthusiasts who are just as eager as I am to learn about the latest thing coming to the World. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I am somewhat of a local, and an AP holder, and I do visit the parks approximately once every two weeks or so on average. Between being there to check things out myself, and knowing a good number of cast members personally (It was kind of funny the first few times I started having CMs recognize and remember me, but I'm starting to get used to it now), I do tend to stay pretty up to date with what's happening at the parks and beyond.

Whenever I travel to Disney I carry my camera with plenty of extra batteries and memory, a notebook and a couple pens for taking notes, and usually a couple of Disney books (usually Lou's WDW Trivia and Steve Barret's Hidden Mickey's) for the occasional reference, and I always keep an eye out for new things. I often take anywhere from a couple dozen to a couple hundred photographs in a single day at the parks. (My gf thinks I'm a bit nuts in that respect, and asks me what I intend to do with the thousands of Disney photographs I have archived, many of them of the same things taken over and over, but taking photos at Disney is one of the things I love to do most of all). I sometimes go with the specific intent of "researching" the parks or a specific resort, etc., which may sound funny to those who don't do it (and I have to laugh at all the times Lou says he's going on a "research trip"), but I really do! I almost always make it a point to try to do something I haven't done before, or at least check something out in great detail that I may have just glanced over on a previous trip. I do my best to mimic the "experts" in that sense.

Technically... if you check out the staff page here at DWT, I am a member of the staff as a "columnist", although I haven't contributed anything that has been made into an article since my review of Finding Nemo The Musical some time back. But I am always keeping an eye out for something that would make for a unique article. Given some interesting new discovery to write about (or perhaps not new, but at least something that hasn't "been done" to death), and some spare time - which is getting harder and harder to come by recently - I'm eager to put more of my Disney discoveries and bits of random theme park knowledge to good use in another article. I've actually started two such articles recently which were abandoned partway through for some reason, and I have another idea that I'm toying with possibly making something out of. You guys should really keep on me about that though... I have a bad habit of starting projects I never get around to finishing, and I'm 90% more likely to follow through on something if someone is getting on my case to finish it. So there... I hereby delegate to you, my fellow members of DWT, the responsibility of making sure I write something new for this site within the next couple of weeks. (That should help a bit anyway).
    -Don-

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    I'm still curious when this parade was run though. Obviously it was pre-Sunday... but I wonder when exactly, as I'd heard no mention of them doing a soft-run of this parade until I stumbled on this last night.
    I did hear that they filmed the new parade and the castle show (for ads) on the weekend of the 10th...after the park closed...at 2:00 am.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

[quote=MainStreet, USA;547471]Thanks for the kind words!

Whenever I travel to Disney I carry my camera with plenty of extra batteries and memory, a notebook and a couple pens for taking notes, and usually a couple of Disney books (usually Lou's WDW Trivia and Steve Barret's Hidden Mickey's) for the occasional reference, and I always keep an eye out for new things. I often take anywhere from a couple dozen to a couple hundred photographs in a single day at the parks. (My gf thinks I'm a bit nuts in that respect, and asks me what I intend to do with the thousands of Disney photographs I have archived, many of them of the same things taken over and over, but taking photos at Disney is one of the things I love to do most of all). I sometimes go with the specific intent of "researching" the parks or a specific resort, etc., which may sound funny to those who don't do it (and I have to laugh at all the times Lou says he's going on a "research trip"), but I really do! I almost always make it a point to try to do something I haven't done before, or at least check something out in great detail that I may have just glanced over on a previous trip. I do my best to mimic the "experts" in that sense.

Maybe you could be Dave Smith's successor - in a photographic sense. (If it makes you feel better, I must shoot 25 pictures of Cindy's Castle evey time I visit, even thought I've already got lots of pictures of it. It's part of the experience, right?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast