Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss SSE Open! in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by nicki12 Is SSE a dark ride, I have never been on it. Not anymore, it used to be a dark and mysterious wonderous ride, now it's just ...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by nicki12 View Post
    Is SSE a dark ride, I have never been on it.
    Not anymore, it used to be a dark and mysterious wonderous ride, now it's just kinda dim and gloomy

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yeah especially after they took out the fiber-optics!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
    Can we correctly the assume that the attraction is open to all who want to ride it at this point, or is it still in a special soft opening stage where only certain people get to go on each day? Just curious because I'll be there next Tuesday.
    Last I heard it was still technically in soft opening but they wanted it open fully for the Christmas rush... so that being in full swing, it may be open now. Anyone confirm?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ScooterDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    SSE has been the first ride me and my wife have rode on each of our trips to Disney. We are getting there Jan 7th. Im really hoping its open by then.

I Be loving me some Disney

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    I'm having mixed feelings about SSE. It used to be so pretty at the end and I would attempt to take a picture (with the flash off!) of the fiber optics and all. But if they aren't there anymore, what will I take a picture of?? I hope it's still good.
    Love, Kerri

darrylpan is offline A-Ticket holder

Sse

So far all the reviews seem to be leaning towards the negative, especially as it concerns the ending. I think the official reopening date for this attraction is mid February so they may have more work to finish yet. Hopefully all will be pleased with the finish when its officially open!!!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarKerri View Post
    I'm having mixed feelings about SSE. It used to be so pretty at the end and I would attempt to take a picture (with the flash off!) of the fiber optics and all. But if they aren't there anymore, what will I take a picture of?? I hope it's still good.
    Put the lensecap on and take a picture and you'll get the same effect without even visiting the parks!

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Put the lensecap on and take a picture and you'll get the same effect without even visiting the parks!
    har har har. lol Yeah, but still. Just to know it's so pretty and from Disney makes it better.
    Love, Kerri

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Any updates? Is it open?

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It is open and they have a sign saying that they are still working on it. They had the doors open all day long on monday january 7th. With NO wait. I was very pleased with what I saw. I am curious to see how the final product will look.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    yea i went there on the 4th and say it was open, but with a 40 minute wait, as much as i go out there i find it hard to justify waiting in any lines, i will go check it out probably MLK day

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I thought I heard a rumor that they were changing the ride on the way back down, so maybe this touchscreen thing is just there so people riding it in the soft openings have something to do. I thought that the animatronics were awesome and most life-like. It was interesting to learn about the beginning of the home-based computer age (going through the garage). Dame Judi Dench was good although her voice was a little loud.
    I think that if you are at the right place at the right time, you will get in. We were there on the 12th of December and it wasn't open in the morning, but open at night, it was our last ride of the day and we were making our way out of the park.
    minniesmh

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We went back to epcot yesterday and there was still no wait. Did not ride it this time we were there just for the showcase.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Just got back from WDW today, and boy is the new SSE something to see. I was really amazed by the update and thought the refurbishments were fantastic. As a long time SSE fan, we're talking 22 years, I am pleased to see the attraction with the fresh coat of paint and polish that it deserves.

I have some additional thoughts below, but only highlight it if you don't mind spoilers:

The updated caveman vs. woolly mammoth screen was awesome, and all of the AA updates are really nice and fresh. I was also really surprised by how well the updated ships floated during the Fenisian (sp?) scene. The added 60's computer room and 70's Steve Jobs scenes were both very good, and I enjoyed the second half as well. Although there isn't much to see as you choose your future, my family had fun with the touch screens. Finally, I love the new narration; I think Dame Judy Dench adds a really fresh and enthusiastic feel to the attraction. Jeremy Irons used to put me to sleep at times, so the overall new product just comes together very well.

One question I have for those who have seen the update; do you think the Paperboy AA will be back? I saw him turned around during that scene, but I would imagine that they hadn't finished his refurb yet.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    They are probably replacing the current paperboy with another AA. I noticed when I was on it the last time, he hardly moved. Disney replaced his voice, so I'm assuming that they are going to leave him in there. I'm kind of thinking that they turned him around so that we couldn't see how slow he was compared to the other AA's, but that is a total guess.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast