Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss not WDW news but IoA news that could hurt WDW in the News & Rumors forums; I love HP but I doubt it will hurt WDW. WDW has been a cult hit for years something so small won't be able to hurt....
    nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I love HP but I doubt it will hurt WDW. WDW has been a cult hit for years something so small won't be able to hurt.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I love HP and will be going to see the park, but I will be spending the rest of my time at Disney as I just think it is a better place to be

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This is just a way for universal to milk some of its movie success. I'm sure if Prince of Perisha does a killing in the box office we'll see it some where in disney (maybe AK?)

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Disney and Universal are like car dealerships. There is a reason car dealerships locate next to each other. While they do compete, they also provide mutual economic support. So when Universal does something big, that's good for Disney because it means they will counter with something new of their own. Either way, we, the fans, come to the parks to see what's new and that's what these parks are all about for Disney and Universal -- revenue.

I am an enormous HP fan and you can bet I'll go to the new park, but you also can bet it will be a part of a main trip to WDW.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    What is interesting is that in attendance, IOA is one of the lowest attended in 2006 in the US, even below DCA.

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    HARRY POTTER IS ****! STAR WARS FOREVER!!!!
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I agree that Harry Potter is 4 out of 5 stars, thanks for pointing that out

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    There was an article written that the Imagineers were all ratehr secretly pleased about HP going to Unversal. Nothing prompts hight quality growth like high quality competition. The gist was that with Universal raising the stakes, Disney imagineers would get the go ahead on some of their blue sky but expensive projects. HP will raise th bar allowing the Imagineers to exercise those big brains of their to jump right over it.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Good point, Veritas, I think Jim Hill elaborates on that a bit.

Also, Ayhab, you need to be more expressive otherwise people will never know that you like Star Wars. LOL

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    Well i know it won't hurt disney i ment that cause disney is spending a lot of money on DCA and Universal getting HP land. WDW is going get new things but nothing that will keep the guess in WDW and not make them visit IoA
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I understand what you are saying, but have you ever been to DCA? It needs more help than the parks in FL. So personally, I'm glad that park is getting some love and attention because it has such great potential.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

cute_seven101 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Harry Potter

I dont like anything that has to do with Harry Potter!
    Disney wont be losing me!!!!!!!

The Enchanted Oak Tavern and the Flying Unicorn, and the Dragons Keep are now gone forever to be hidden by green construction walls. Harry is coming, and this is just only the beginning. Dueling Dragons will be rethemed, but will remain open for now and stay open for as long as it can during this construction phase.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    This isn't going to hurt Disney, don't worry though, but it will definately help their parks get back up on it's feet again. It is looking pretty sad now when it used to be comparable to Disney, possibly even better than Disney in some parts but sadly most of Universal's 'magic' has gone and left.

I do have one thing to say to those who "can't stand Universal," If it wasn't for Universal to come down next to Disney, do you think that Disney would have tried to be bigger and better if it didn't have any competition? If Universal hadn't come over with their parks and trying to compete with Disney, Disney wouldn't need a reason to keep trying to top what Universal does. So next time you visit MK again and notice several new attractions or shows that were added since your last visit a year ago, you could thank Universal for helping Disney get a little bit better. I like visiting both parks just fine, I don't favor one over the other because they're both great places to visit each with awsome attractions and shows that deliver, and I love the competition that keeps them working at trying to come up with bigger and better things before the other guy. So please, let's try to keep the Universal bashing down to a minimum please, thanks.
    Never knew Universal had any magic .

As for the bashing, this is a Disney World website, of course the view will be bias. You shouldn't feel the need to defend IoA or Universal every time someone insults it, let people have their opinions. We don't need wall of text about how you feel, or your views on IoA.

To the bolded, you don't know, nor do we.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

I was afraid to bring back this topic for that reason I just didn't want to start up a new topic about this when there's already a topic about it for those that might be interested.

I was going to reply to your statement, but would rather it not turn into a lengthy rant about trying to prove a point that you can have fun anywhere, especially to those who think that because it isn't ran by a rodent, that it isn't worth seeing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12