Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss not WDW news but IoA news that could hurt WDW in the News & Rumors forums; IoA have broke ground for the Harry Potter Land and the pictures are on JimHillMedia.com and it will open mid 2009 i am a harry potter fan but not really ...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program

not WDW news but IoA news that could hurt WDW

IoA have broke ground for the Harry Potter Land and the pictures are on JimHillMedia.com and it will open mid 2009 i am a harry potter fan but not really a fan of Universal i hope this doesnt hurt disney
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Disney has held its own for so long and have been at the top of thier game. Harry Potter's popular, but there's only so far you can take one subject idea. That's why Disney has four seprate parks, each with a different theme, and furthermore, with each park having different "lands" for even more themeing possibilties. I think they will only be able to go so far with Harry Potter.

For one thing, I know Disney won't be loosing a customer with me.....I can't stand Harry Potter.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I like Harry Potter, but I don't forsee this hurting WDW for the reasons already mentioned.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yeah, this will probably spike Universal and IOA's attendance for a time, but overall Disney won't see an impact. People might make a side trip while at WDW to see Harry Potter, but I think once the last film is out people will be looking for something new. I am a big Harry Potter fan, so I am not saying that lightly. But I think it is just coming close to being over. A lot of HP fans may disagree and others may secretly agree but are having a hard time coming to terms with it...LOL

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't see this as being able to hurt WDW. I am not a fan of HP either.....and never have had the desire to go to Universal
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i do like HP but i cant stand universal!!!!! and i do agree there is only so far you can go with one concept! disney has its loyal fans and they will always keep coming back, universal may have increased attendance but when HP is over it will be back to normal again! either way disney will always be on top lol!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

djmasterscooter is offline B-Ticket Holder
    In no way will this harm Disney in any way, shape or form. Disney's product has been around for so long, and has had the chance to build such a niche in the market that the only thing that can harm them is themselves and overdevelopment. Harry Potter, (and yes I am a huge HP fan) when it comes to being a theme park has such a limited concept, thus a limited marketing appeal. Universal is on the right track to being true direct competition to Disney, but it is still a long way off.
    "Do Not Go To Disney World With A Bottle Of Pepsi. We will never see you again, and I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing"

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    This isn't going to hurt Disney, don't worry though, but it will definately help their parks get back up on it's feet again. It is looking pretty sad now when it used to be comparable to Disney, possibly even better than Disney in some parts but sadly most of Universal's 'magic' has gone and left.

I do have one thing to say to those who "can't stand Universal," If it wasn't for Universal to come down next to Disney, do you think that Disney would have tried to be bigger and better if it didn't have any competition? If Universal hadn't come over with their parks and trying to compete with Disney, Disney wouldn't need a reason to keep trying to top what Universal does. So next time you visit MK again and notice several new attractions or shows that were added since your last visit a year ago, you could thank Universal for helping Disney get a little bit better. I like visiting both parks just fine, I don't favor one over the other because they're both great places to visit each with awsome attractions and shows that deliver, and I love the competition that keeps them working at trying to come up with bigger and better things before the other guy. So please, let's try to keep the Universal bashing down to a minimum please, thanks.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Actually, something new at Universal may help WDW attendance since people might come to FL to see HP, but will take in WDW as well. Comparing the two parks is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both fruit (entertainment), but they definitely offer different flavors.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

both ?fruit? LOL that could have a double meaning....

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    I'm planning on taking in as many theme parks as possible when i visit FL, but HP at IoA wont mean any less days in WDW for me.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Even if I was a Harry Potter fan (which I'm not) I wouldn't let a Harry Potter theme park hinder my going to Walt Disney World! One theme gets so boring, and besides, I don't think the people who work at Universal really care about the people who go to the park. At WDW, cast members work super hard to make sure your trip magical and special!
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

That is one thing I have noticed...Disney beats any other park hands down at Guest Service. Universal has great thrill rides, but they still don't get the whole Guest Service thing..

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by echoscot View Post
    That is one thing I have noticed...Disney beats any other park hands down at Guest Service. Universal has great thrill rides, but they still don't get the whole Guest Service thing..
    I have to disagree with you, because I have worked at both Universal and Disney and I deliver the same service at Universal as I would at Disney, and there are a few that have worked both parks and deliver Disney service at Universal. Now I'm sure you're reffering to some of those at counter service resteraunts or food carts, or even merchandise, but that doesn't mean the rest of the park doesn't give excellent service, afterall, we're all human and some of us can't handle stress or anger as well as others, and unfortunately that shows as bad service towards you, the guest. There have been times I've had bad service at Disney, and there have been times I've had excellent service at Universal that I feel go above and beyond Disney service, it just depends on the cast member you meet.

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    I'm a Disney fanatic, and I also LOVE Harry Potter. I definetly plan on going to see it when it opens, But its one area, in one park. Its not like its going to be an all day experience. Disney had the option to create a Harry Potter land/area, but they opted not to because of the obvious flaws in the design that J.K wanted. I don't think Disney should be worried, but if they are...think about it! They're going to come up with something to trump Harry Potter...which could be bigger and better than anything IoA puts out. It'll be 2009....time for a new celebration at WDW. So who knows? Skies the limit!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast