Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Pop Warner Fight in the News & Rumors forums; It seems Disney is having lots of problems this week.... What do you think of this story? Kids Thrown Out Of Disney - Central Florida News 13 Wonder if you ...
    echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder

Pop Warner Fight

It seems Disney is having lots of problems this week....

What do you think of this story?

Kids Thrown Out Of Disney - Central Florida News 13

Wonder if you guys think they handled this well...

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    If the policy stated that the whole party would have to leave if inappropriate behaviour occured, then there you go. I'm sure that the management would already be on edge, as its young athletes, full of pride and adrenaline...they probably expect this kind of behaviour. Certainly it isn't a surprise when it happens anywhere else. So if that was the rule then that was the rule. I feel bad for the people with the teams who had small children, but maybe those parents could have been helping prevent their older children from misbehaving like that. I know if I were a guest at the resort, and these kids were carrying on like that, I would not AT ALL be sorry to see them go.
    Last edited by Pigeon; 12-11-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    I applaud Disney for getting tough
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

My mom was talking to a lady that had checked in there the night before(Friday) and the CM's told her that there was a fight between the parents of some teams. If the kids see the parents fight they must think they have to fight too. Disney did the right thing.

I will say though that I'm not a big fan of cheerleaders but I hardly saw them in the parks. And the ones I did see were very well behaved.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I side with WDW
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by echoscot View Post
    It seems Disney is having lots of problems this week....

What do you think of this story?

Kids Thrown Out Of Disney - Central Florida News 13

Wonder if you guys think they handled this well...
    On the news site you can vote if disney should have made an exception. 65% said no. Amen
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I will say though that I'm not a big fan of cheerleaders but I hardly saw them in the parks. And the ones I did see were very well behaved.
    Staying at the All Star Music we saw LOTS of cheerleaders of all shapes and sizes along with football players of all sizes. They didn't really make that much noise at night but in the mornings you could hear them practice their cheers. At the parks they weren't so bad, just screamed like banshees on Space Mountain and other thrill rides. In HM we just opted to ride again to get the cheerleader free version. Someone we met wasn't as lucky, they had a room next to some. It's a **** shoot! I just feel bad for the families that got uprooted in the middle of the night when their kids were tucked in and had nothing to do with the actual fight. A rule is a rule though, I am sure they knew in advance that something like that could happen. Good for Disney for backing it up. That must have freed up a lot of rooms, do they get their money back? If not, double the money on those...not bad for Disney.

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    lorilovestigger said
    It's not at the parks where these people act like animals, it is at the hotels.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

I have to argue that all student groups are not like this. I have taken my dance team 2 times and plan on taking them back in a few years. They would NEVER EVER EVER act like that anywhere on WDW property. They would be in a world of hurt from me if they did as we'd put on our running shoes and run for a good long while. I also have several friends who take their teams as well and are very well behaved.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Pop Warner seems to be dreaded by CM's and guests alike. WDW appears to continue to have difficulties with this particular group as a whole, although some travel teams are being dragged down by the reputation of a few classless teams. Tension is high with players and parents alike, it happens in most home towns too, parents and participants alike. Disney continues to host this event despite the problems for them, and the stress it puts on other guests and their CM's. Money talks especially in a very slow time at the World. I don't think you can tell a group, we're kicking you out tomorrow, you'll have elevated angry, emotional guests, no telling how many more fights, property damage and disruption to other guests would take place in those dark hours. Disney should look for a different type of group to fill this void in attendance at this time of year and spare other guests and CM's the aggravation. Money talks. Before we book now we always look to see what is being hosted during our visit. Sadly, we had a horrible trip during Gay Days one June. Overall they were a fine group and pleasant to be around however we encountered enough exhibitionists on the buses, hotel pools, restaurants engaging in acts that should have been reserved for behind closed doors. A small percentage just arrive with a different agenda. Traveling with young children, they were uncomfortable as were we. I'd like to see them invite school teams instead, generally there is Code of Conduct rules that will haunt them also upon return to school. Advise: Know what groups are being invited before you book your magical vacation. Do your homework.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    We've been for both Gay Days and Pop Warner and have never had any problems (apart from the normal complications associated with bigger crowds and large groups). The only problems we experienced during Pop Warner was that the entire "World" was way more crowded than we thought it would be. The wife and I were amazed at how many parents take their kids out of school to go to WDW (my wife mentioned that many of them were probably home schooled, but there's no way all those kids were in home school).

However, like someone else said, when you get a ton of kids together who are full of bravado and have been told repeatedly that they are the best (and thus can do whatever they want), you are inevitably going to have problems. The most fist-fights I have ever seen in a concentrated place and time was at a sporting event between cross-state rival universities.

I'm kinda mixed on how I feel about the whole team being thrown out, along with their families. On one hand, I'm all about zero-tolerance for misbehavior, but on the other hand, the article isn't clear about how many of the team members were involved in the incident. If I'm down there with my family, and my sister starts a fight with someone, I can see all four of us getting kicked out. But when you're talking about 30 members of a sports team, not to mention their families, being kicked out because a few of them acted up, then I don't know. I guess I need to know how involved the entire team was before I agree. It's easy for me to agree with Disney while I'm here at work or home behind a computer, but if I was there with my football team (hypothetically. I'm much too old for any organized sport) and something happened between other players that I didn't even know anything about, I would be very angry. Not just with the guys who got me kicked out, but with Disney, whom I would probably feel was acting unjustly.

/rant

If we can dream it, we can do it

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I think Disney did the right thing. In some cases, it takes an entire team and their families getting kicked out before other people realize that it isn't allowed. While I feel sorry for the innocent bystanders in this group, rules are rules and they should be followed. In too many cases, people (adults and children) think the rules don't apply to them. Well, yes they do. Sorry they were not allowed to stay but fighting isn't good no matter what. Hard lesson to learn but they could have been arrested. They may have gotten off easy.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    It just goes to show that the old excuse "I'm not hurting anybody" is a bunch of ****. Regardless of what you are doing, if you aren't following the rules, SOMEBODY is going to get hurt, and 99.9% of the time somebody other than the one violating the rules is going to get hurt. If the FAMILIES of the boys involved in the fight had been keeping an eye on THEIR child, the FAMILIES would not have been kicked out.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Pop Warner seems to be dreaded by CM's and guests alike. WDW appears to continue to have difficulties with this particular group as a whole, although some travel teams are being dragged down by the reputation of a few classless teams. Tension is high with players and parents alike, it happens in most home towns too, parents and participants alike. Disney continues to host this event despite the problems for them, and the stress it puts on other guests and their CM's. Money talks especially in a very slow time at the World. I don't think you can tell a group, we're kicking you out tomorrow, you'll have elevated angry, emotional guests, no telling how many more fights, property damage and disruption to other guests would take place in those dark hours. Disney should look for a different type of group to fill this void in attendance at this time of year and spare other guests and CM's the aggravation. Money talks. Before we book now we always look to see what is being hosted during our visit. Sadly, we had a horrible trip during Gay Days one June. Overall they were a fine group and pleasant to be around however we encountered enough exhibitionists on the buses, hotel pools, restaurants engaging in acts that should have been reserved for behind closed doors. A small percentage just arrive with a different agenda. Traveling with young children, they were uncomfortable as were we. I'd like to see them invite school teams instead, generally there is Code of Conduct rules that will haunt them also upon return to school. Advise: Know what groups are being invited before you book your magical vacation. Do your homework.

Is there really a way to check to see which groups are in attendence at certain times of the year? Other then being on these boards and just seeing people talking about it I have never found anything.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

If they are a part of Magic Music Days(like what I take my groups on) it's anytime of the year.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast