Details of the WDW Christmas Day Parade
I got this from WDWNews.com:
Stars scheduled to appear in Emmy Award-winning special include Jessica Simpson, Miley Cyrus, Patti LaBelle, Josh Groban, cast from "High School Musical 2," favorites from "Dancing with the Stars," The Jonas Bros., Menudo, Katharine McPhee, Harlem Gospel Choir, and more!
Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (Dec. 3, 2007) -- This winter, cozy up and get ready for the holidays -- Disney style -- as Disney Parks prepares to shine brighter than ever when many of today's biggest stars gather on both coasts for the 24th annual "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade." On Dec. 25, hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa once again will lead the Emmy Award-winning holiday special from Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., and Ryan Seacrest will again host from Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif.
The special will air Dec. 25, 10 a.m. Eastern and 9 a.m. Central, Mountain and Pacific times on ABC-TV, and will be broadcast in HD for the first time.
The "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" is sure to sparkle as it glides down Main Street U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom park in Florida and Disneyland park in California to a brand-new musical score.
In addition to the celebrity performances and appearances, this year, viewers will celebrate Christmas morning with "Enchanting" new Disney characters, plundering pirates, some of Disney's favorite holiday traditions and awe-inspiring floats -- all sprinkled with pixie dust.
Stars Shine on Christmas Morning
Stars from stage, screen and song will shine throughout the two-hour special, with a Christmas morning entertainment lineup for the entire family. Featured performances include (talent subject to change):
- Kicking off the special will be a blockbuster performance from the hit show "Dancing With The Stars." Newly crowned champion Helio Castroneves, Sabrina Bryan, Joey Fatone and Drew Lachey with their professional dance partners Julianne Hough, Mark Ballas, Kym Johnson and Cheryl Burke will perform an original holiday dance number choreographed by "Dancing With The Stars" dancer Tony Dovolani and sung by Grammy Award-winning Latin singer Jon Secada.
- America's hottest entertainment sensation, Miley Cyrus, the multi-talented performer and star of Disney Channel's popular series "Hannah Montana," will sing the energetic, seasonal favorite "All I Want for Christmas is You."
- Stars from Disney Channel's blockbusters "High School Musical" and "High School Musical 2" -- Vanessa Hudgens, Corbin Bleu, Monique Coleman and Ashley Tisdale -- will give a holiday twist to one of the popular tunes from "High School Musical 2." The group performs a customized version of the hit song "What Time Is It?" and answers the song title's question with a new musical answer, "It's Christmas Time!"
- Internationally renowned vocalist Josh Groban will perform the melodic holiday classic "Silent Night" from his new Christmas CD, "Noel."
- Songstress and R&B legend Patti LaBelle, who recently released her newest CD, "Miss Patti's Christmas," will perform "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."
- Multi-platinum-selling singer-songwriter Jessica Simpson will bring the curtain down on this year's special with a moving rendition of the Christmas classic, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing." Joining Simpson will be the world-famous, New York-based Harlem Gospel Choir that has performed for Nelson Mandela and the late Pope John Paul II.
- One of the hottest musical trios performing today, sibling pop-rockers the Jonas Brothers, sing one of their latest tunes, a seasonal pop-rock song titled "Girl of My Dreams."
- Latin superstar sensation Menudo will debut their version of the holiday favorite "This Christmas."
Power Rangers, Potato Heads & Princesses, Oh My! The Parade Rolls On
- "American Idol" sweetheart Katharine McPhee will perform a Disney Princess-inspired number, singing a medley of some of Disney's classic tunes.
Disney's newest princess, lovely lady Giselle from the new Walt Disney Pictures smash-hit film, "Enchanted," will make her first small-screen appearance during the special as she takes center stage along with Disney's most treasured characters including: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel and Jasmine. Disney's characters will be decked out in their holiday best and joined by gingerbread men, snowmen, toy soldiers and reindeer throughout the show.
Traveling down Main Street U.S.A. at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, the parade will introduce several new floats this year, including:
- The "Rat Pack" is back at Disneyland Resort, with a "Ratatouille" float spicing up the day. The float, inspired by this summer's Disney-Pixar hit animated film, features wanna-be chef Rémy and his Parisian pals.
Some of the other highlighted parade floats featured during the bi-coastal holiday celebration:
- A "Toy Story" float featuring Disney-Pixar pals Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jesse and their 'toon pals having a joyful -- and toyful -- holiday celebration.
- A Christmas tree float with holiday hosts Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- Disney Parks' famous Toy Soldiers will march in the Toyland March.
- Disney-Pixar's "Cars" will be featured, with gear-jamming good times from the film's car stars, Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater.
- Aladdin and Jasmine make their way in the procession on horseback.
- Popular stars from Playhouse Disney, "Monster's Inc." and the Power Rangers make special holiday appearances.
- A Royal Candlelight Ball is featured, including Snow White, Prince Charming, Sleeping Beauty, Prince Phillip, Mulan and Shang.
- The Seven Dwarfs trade in their usual diamond mine duties for a very special, jeweled holiday tree float.
See More in HD -- for the First Time!
- Closing the parade portion of the program is the big guy himself, Santa Claus, and his trusty reindeer.
Broadcast in HD and Surround Sound for the first time, the 24th annual "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" airs on ABC Christmas Day. The show will also be broadcast in English and Spanish (SAP).