Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Details of the WDW Christmas Day Parade in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDWNews.com:
Stars scheduled to appear in Emmy Award-winning special include Jessica Simpson, Miley Cyrus, Patti LaBelle, Josh Groban, cast from "High School Musical 2," favorites from ...
Details of the WDW Christmas Day Parade
I got this from WDWNews.com:
Stars scheduled to appear in Emmy Award-winning special include Jessica Simpson, Miley Cyrus, Patti LaBelle, Josh Groban, cast from "High School Musical 2," favorites from "Dancing with the Stars," The Jonas Bros., Menudo, Katharine McPhee, Harlem Gospel Choir, and more!
Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (Dec. 3, 2007) -- This winter, cozy up and get ready for the holidays -- Disney style -- as Disney Parks prepares to shine brighter than ever when many of today's biggest stars gather on both coasts for the 24th annual "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade." On Dec. 25, hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa once again will lead the Emmy Award-winning holiday special from Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., and Ryan Seacrest will again host from Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif.
The special will air Dec. 25, 10 a.m. Eastern and 9 a.m. Central, Mountain and Pacific times on ABC-TV, and will be broadcast in HD for the first time.
The "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" is sure to sparkle as it glides down Main Street U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom park in Florida and Disneyland park in California to a brand-new musical score.
In addition to the celebrity performances and appearances, this year, viewers will celebrate Christmas morning with "Enchanting" new Disney characters, plundering pirates, some of Disney's favorite holiday traditions and awe-inspiring floats -- all sprinkled with pixie dust.
Stars Shine on Christmas Morning
Stars from stage, screen and song will shine throughout the two-hour special, with a Christmas morning entertainment lineup for the entire family. Featured performances include (talent subject to change):
- Kicking off the special will be a blockbuster performance from the hit show "Dancing With The Stars." Newly crowned champion Helio Castroneves, Sabrina Bryan, Joey Fatone and Drew Lachey with their professional dance partners Julianne Hough, Mark Ballas, Kym Johnson and Cheryl Burke will perform an original holiday dance number choreographed by "Dancing With The Stars" dancer Tony Dovolani and sung by Grammy Award-winning Latin singer Jon Secada.
- America's hottest entertainment sensation, Miley Cyrus, the multi-talented performer and star of Disney Channel's popular series "Hannah Montana," will sing the energetic, seasonal favorite "All I Want for Christmas is You."
- Stars from Disney Channel's blockbusters "High School Musical" and "High School Musical 2" -- Vanessa Hudgens, Corbin Bleu, Monique Coleman and Ashley Tisdale -- will give a holiday twist to one of the popular tunes from "High School Musical 2." The group performs a customized version of the hit song "What Time Is It?" and answers the song title's question with a new musical answer, "It's Christmas Time!"
- Internationally renowned vocalist Josh Groban will perform the melodic holiday classic "Silent Night" from his new Christmas CD, "Noel."
- Songstress and R&B legend Patti LaBelle, who recently released her newest CD, "Miss Patti's Christmas," will perform "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."
- Multi-platinum-selling singer-songwriter Jessica Simpson will bring the curtain down on this year's special with a moving rendition of the Christmas classic, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing." Joining Simpson will be the world-famous, New York-based Harlem Gospel Choir that has performed for Nelson Mandela and the late Pope John Paul II.
- One of the hottest musical trios performing today, sibling pop-rockers the Jonas Brothers, sing one of their latest tunes, a seasonal pop-rock song titled "Girl of My Dreams."
- Latin superstar sensation Menudo will debut their version of the holiday favorite "This Christmas."
Power Rangers, Potato Heads & Princesses, Oh My! The Parade Rolls On
- "American Idol" sweetheart Katharine McPhee will perform a Disney Princess-inspired number, singing a medley of some of Disney's classic tunes.
Disney's newest princess, lovely lady Giselle from the new Walt Disney Pictures smash-hit film, "Enchanted," will make her first small-screen appearance during the special as she takes center stage along with Disney's most treasured characters including: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel and Jasmine. Disney's characters will be decked out in their holiday best and joined by gingerbread men, snowmen, toy soldiers and reindeer throughout the show.
Traveling down Main Street U.S.A. at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, the parade will introduce several new floats this year, including:
- The "Rat Pack" is back at Disneyland Resort, with a "Ratatouille" float spicing up the day. The float, inspired by this summer's Disney-Pixar hit animated film, features wanna-be chef Rémy and his Parisian pals.
Some of the other highlighted parade floats featured during the bi-coastal holiday celebration:
- A "Toy Story" float featuring Disney-Pixar pals Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jesse and their 'toon pals having a joyful -- and toyful -- holiday celebration.
- A Christmas tree float with holiday hosts Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- Disney Parks' famous Toy Soldiers will march in the Toyland March.
- Disney-Pixar's "Cars" will be featured, with gear-jamming good times from the film's car stars, Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater.
- Aladdin and Jasmine make their way in the procession on horseback.
- Popular stars from Playhouse Disney, "Monster's Inc." and the Power Rangers make special holiday appearances.
- A Royal Candlelight Ball is featured, including Snow White, Prince Charming, Sleeping Beauty, Prince Phillip, Mulan and Shang.
- The Seven Dwarfs trade in their usual diamond mine duties for a very special, jeweled holiday tree float.
See More in HD -- for the First Time!
- Closing the parade portion of the program is the big guy himself, Santa Claus, and his trusty reindeer.
Broadcast in HD and Surround Sound for the first time, the 24th annual "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" airs on ABC Christmas Day. The show will also be broadcast in English and Spanish (SAP).
Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!
Dreams Really Do Come True
Cant wait to watch
1993 - Dolphin
1995- Aunt House
1997- Off Site
1999- Off Site
2000- Coronodo Springs
2002- Port Orleans and All Star
2003- Off Site
2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
2006- Pop Century - Halloween
2006- Polynesian - My High Graduation
2007 - Pop Century
2007- All Star Sport- Christmas TIme
2008 - Port Orleans
2009 - Disney Land
Do you think I will be able to get anyone in my family to watch it with me?
Dreams Really Do Come True
Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!
Can't wait, I watch it every year. First year broadcasted in HD? Definitely there this year.
Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!
Trips to Walt Disney World
1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!
I've set it for record on my DVR! Cannot WAIT!
I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13
Last edited by nicki12; 12-23-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
"All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney
My friend was a performer for one of the acts and she had asked me to record it for her. Unfortunately, I did not connect my VCR correctly and when I rewound the tape, there was nothing. I know performing on this broadcast meant a lot to her and I wanted to make sure she would be able to cherish the moment. She doesn't know (yet!) that my recording didn't pan out and I don't really want to go on youtube and collect about 2hrs worth of video (to put on a dvd). Is there anyone that can help me out? I'm looking to get a dvd copy (if someone has it recorded on their dvr) and I'm willing to pay for the cost of reproduction and shipping. Please help!
Thank you very much!
Carlo, sorry, I deleted it after watching it. There are some places online where people post an entire show for downloading.
I noticed A LOT of the parade was the same from last year.
Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!