Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Ready for the Celebration!!! in the News & Rumors forums; The Magic Kingdom is already getting dressed up for the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, even though the event is still three months off. Disney is putting on a mammoth marketing ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Ready for the Celebration!!!

The Magic Kingdom is already getting dressed up for the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, even though the event is still three months off. Disney is putting on a mammoth marketing blitz to drum up interest in the celebration, which is stretching
    beyond California to all of its parks worldwide. At WDW, workers began dressing up Cinderella Castle for the occasion last week, attaching gold overlay Monday night after the parks had closed for the day. The dress-up will continue piecemeal through March, with all of the work taking place after hours. The 50th anniversary
    celebrations begin in May. When finished, the castle will be trimmed with gold and "pixie dust" and dotted with golden statues of some of Disney's more popular characters. The decorations will stay up through 2006.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can't wait. I'll be there in June.
    Eric

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I be down in June if anyone wants to join me!!!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Well, I'd LOVE to go in June (and July, August....) but not sure I can swing another trip this year. Working on it.....sounds like it will be awesome. Do you think they will have all those rides (Sourin' etc...) and refurbishments (IASW...) done by then?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Yes...Everything should be open by then. That is why I planned to go during June...It may be hot, but I will be ome of the first to ride all of the new stuff!!!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

flutter is offline Moderator
    I hope to be going in June also, I can't wait to see the castle and the rest of the celebration. If not I will be there in Dec for sure.

When in June is everyone going???
    Eric

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    For me, IF I can go (and that is a big IF right now) it will be when school gets out for my kids, likely the second week in June.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

We are looking at June 19-25.
    Eric

I am thinking of the second week in June, but I don't have any conformation that. I have to talk with my friends that are going and find out something!!! When I know something I will get back to you all. Maybe we can meet up or something!!!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

flutter is offline Moderator
    I hope to go June 3-7 or there abouts

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I probably won't be at WDW until Dec....but I'll be at DL July 17th!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    The Magic Kingdom is already getting dressed up for the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, even though the event is still three months off. Disney is putting on a mammoth marketing blitz to drum up interest in the celebration, which is stretching
    beyond California to all of its parks worldwide. At WDW, workers began dressing up Cinderella Castle for the occasion last week, attaching gold overlay Monday night after the parks had closed for the day. The dress-up will continue piecemeal through March, with all of the work taking place after hours. The 50th anniversary
    celebrations begin in May. When finished, the castle will be trimmed with gold and "pixie dust" and dotted with golden statues of some of Disney's more popular characters. The decorations will stay up through 2006.
    Wish I could go because that sounds so cool

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    The whole Breakey clan will be there sometime in June also. Just trying to nail down the details.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    I'm going in April so I'll miss it, but I'm going back in November so I'll get to see it all then.