"What is the best ride at each park for children under 10?"

I want to start off by saying that every family is different in what their child likes/dislikes. There are so many rides at Walt Disney World that it is very tough to narrow it down to one or two rides. Let me start by talking about the Magic Kingdom.

The Magic Kingdom is geared the most for children out of the four Disney theme parks. In fact Fantasyland focuses directly to this age group, as well as Mickey’s Toontown Fair. If you have children your best bet at Magic Kingdom is to head directly to Fantasyland and ride Dumbo first. From there I cannot pick out the best ride for children but I would say to make sure you ride, The Many adventures of Winnie the Pooh, “it’s a small world”, Dumbo, and Cinderella’s Golden Carousel. Snow White may be too scary for younger kids, and Peter Pan, while tame is in the air and can be darker than other rides.

At Epcot probably the best ride for younger children the best bet is in the Seas with Nemo and Friends. The Nemo attraction is a nice, quiet ride that does have some dark elements, but if your child has seen Finding Nemo, they should do fine with it. Most of the other rides at Epcot are for older children/adults.

At Animal Kingdom you are presented with a few options depending on your children. If they like a petting zoo you can head to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. If they can sit still for about 40 minutes and like movies, Finding Nemo the Musical gets my vote. The show is amazing and will keep your child interested. A close second would be Kilimanjaro Safari. Your child will get the chance to view animals up close throughout this ride.

Finally and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you have a few choices here depending on your child again. If you have girls you may want to check out Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Others may want something tame like the Muppets 3-D show. The best bet though for youngsters is probably Playhouse Disney Live on stage. They get to see various Playhouse Disney characters up close and performing.

Really it depends on your children and what their interests are. I don’t think you can wrong with any of the shows/rides that are geared for children. Some children may be ready for more advanced rides and that is ok too. Do a little research and even ask a Cast Member their thoughts about the ride. Disney even has some park maps that are geared toward younger children so ask about those as well. Regardless, the best advice is to get some information about each ride, check the requirements, and ask your children if it sounds like something they may like.