Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Lockers and mini golf going up in price in the News & Rumors forums; Disney has increased the refundable locker deposit fee from $2 to $5. Lock fees are now $5 for a small locker and $7 for a large. There was also a ...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program

Lockers and mini golf going up in price

Disney has increased the refundable locker deposit fee from $2 to $5. Lock fees are now $5 for a small locker and $7 for a large. There was also a price increase at the already expensive Fantasia Gardens and Winter-Summerland mini golf courses. The new price for adults is now $11.75 and $9.75 for children, however guests now receive a free Walt Disney World logo golf ball to keep for every round played.
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's a big increase in locker prices!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Locker: That is nuts. This is the type of increase that leaves a sour taste in visitors mouths from the beginning of their day. I question Disney logic on this one..
    You're really stuck though, if it could rain or you're in a season where the temps go up and down a great deal, what else can you do besides carry the
    stuff all day or loose an hour going back to your room. Gotcha.

Mini Golf: They might make more for visitors but loose in the long run. We always did at least one round of Mini Golf. This past time I already looked at the price
    and deemed it was to steep at $40.00 for 4 of us. Now $47, for around an hour?? While Disney's are great we can fore-go this, save $50.00

Fantasia Gardens is a challenge and fun. Winter Summerland is very cute but designed so that your ball goes right to the hole. We were able to get
    through the course in a little more than a 1/2 an hour. For $47, I think not. Plus without a car this is a pain to get to in the evening buses being tied to
    Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach, both which close early.

I'll miss the mini golf but I will live, the lockers are just going to be something I'll just have to pay, but not with a smile on my face

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I think the locker rate is misleading - the DEPOSIT for the key has gone from $2 to $5 but you get that back when you return the key. The actual rental price of the locker, $5 and $7, is unchanged.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    We never get a locker but I don't think the price change is too big of a deal since it is only the deposit that has gone up. The mini golf price, on the other hand, is ridiculous. The prices were already high before the increase. Now the cost is just insane. Luckily, it doesn't really affect my family since we've never mini-golfed while in WDW and we're surround by mini golf places in my hometown. The nearest mini gold place here is $4 per person, that's $16 for my whole family...a big difference from Disney's $50.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I guess the increased price for the mini golf is worth it to get the disney logo ball. If you actually bought one of those in the stores it would be more expensive than the new difference in price. It could be really interesting if they gave you a different ball depending on what course you played. It would almost make those golf balls keepsakes. I know that I will continue to play mini golf.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinibee View Post
    I guess the increased price for the mini golf is worth it to get the disney logo ball. If you actually bought one of those in the stores it would be more expensive than the new difference in price. It could be really interesting if they gave you a different ball depending on what course you played. It would almost make those golf balls keepsakes. I know that I will continue to play mini golf.
    Or until you have a full family of 4-5 to pay for? LOL. I look at how many bottles of water and snacks I could buy in the parks for the price of mini golf. Wow!