Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Minor updates at animal kingdom in the News & Rumors forums; I’ve got a few minor notes about Animal Kingdom to share. First up, it seems there are some minor renovations taking place over at Rafiki’s Planet Watch inside Conservation Station ...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program

Minor updates at animal kingdom

I’ve got a few minor notes about Animal Kingdom to share. First up, it seems there are some minor renovations taking place over at Rafiki’s Planet Watch inside Conservation Station around the central podium area where vets show off smaller animals. Some new graphic and signage has also been said to have gone up in the area. Over at the Safari we’ve heard that move of the trucks with the new 9th row are now in circulation, though officially they are still not loading the 9th row yet it seems. (Though we have heard of a few people sneaking into them…)
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Maybe more updates will come and I will learn to like AK. Hope they do something with that weird carnival area, seems out of place at a Disney park.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Maybe more updates will come and I will learn to like AK. Hope they do something with that weird carnival area, seems out of place at a Disney park.
    This must be the day for agreeing. We hit 4-5 attractions and bolt. Everest has added an hour. We opened this park their first month and everyone was bolting at hour marker 4. Disney "Suits" surveying everyone who would stop to ask why, what they liked, what we didn't, what they could do. Many folks on one day tickets to see new park (May, so FL day guests) got hopper passes for their disappointment. Nothing besides the Mc'D's restaurant was air conditioned.
    "Suits" offered, imagineers were trying to replicate the jungle and there is not A/C in the jungle." We received a free lunch each for the survey at a Pleasure Island restaurant of our choice. Next summer at least the shops and some more counter restaurants had A/C.

We still only visit a few hours. It is so spread out and little that interests us and killing time between shows is difficult. What were they thinking with the
    Carnival area? I always thought it would have been better placed by Boardwalk.

Oddly, we love the Studio's now but that park opened with little to do also and we left because we were done, not that we hated it like AK. Thank goodness for Park Hoppers and Water Parks.

Wonder what the response would be to park five with a $300 admission price and being evenings only, if it ever does happen??

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hmmm . . . I guess I'm the softy here. I love Animal Kingdom (certainly more so than the Studios at this point - at least AK feels like it has a plan in its layout). Really though, Animal Kingdom is less about what there is to 'do' and more about what there is to see and experience. The details are amazing. It is such a huge park that even if you don't ride anything and you just walk and enjoy the atmosphere it can take you several hours. Kimimanjaro Safaris (despite the somewhat forced storyline) is an attraction worth riding more than once a day. The Lion King show and Nemo are both some of the best in park entertainment in the world. Everest and Dinosaur are both worth a ride - and again - the details in the Everest line are spectacular.

Now, I agree about the dinosaur carinval. Easiliy my least favorite part of WDW- but still the attention to detail is pretty amazing. Beyond the rides and shows I mentioned, the walking trails are very shaded and you can get unbelievably good views of some amazing animals. If you like getting wet, Kali River Rapids is also well done. Now, admittedly, I don't have kids, so I am able to enjoy the park at my pace, stopping when I want, lingering over details. That might be the difference here . . .

As for the Studios - of course I plan to be there for Fantasmic! at night. However, for a single adult once you catch the stunt shows, Muppets, Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster there isn't really much to keep me lingering there . . .

oh well! Sorry to disagree but it's more fun to have a conversation when there is more than one point of vew!
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm glad to hear they are doing a little here and there... especially glad to hear about a 9th row being added to some of the Safari vehicles because that queue can be one of the worst, "world" wide. But... like Keasmom and Gabe, I've just never been a huge fan of AK. I think I've had to many bad experiences there. Plus it seems to be the only park that, even with a map, I get lost in. My husband and I just don't get the layout... maybe it's just us. Still, we're going to hit it on the May trip again to try to do Nemo and Everest (we went this past June to do these two attractions specifically and after waiting for over an hour for each, the Nemo shows for the day were cancelled because some sort of injury or set problem and then Everest broke down). Maybe one day I'll truly enjoy hitting AK but now it's just sort of like going through the motions for us.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm with Justin M. I enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere of Ak and the things to see and experience rather than looking for things to do. I have to admit that I haven't spent a full day - opening to closing there, but I've come fairly close. But again, it's different strokes for different folks. Like jenn, I do tend to get myself turned around a lot.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin M View Post

oh well! Sorry to disagree but it's more fun to have a conversation when there is more than one point of vew!
    So True. Counterpoints make forums thrive. You are so polite when disagreeing. As long as everyone states their opposing opinions with out insulting others it makes the thread interesting and fun.

And I do agree with the point that having children or even a spouse does alter how you tour any park. It was fun bring my children up from infants at WDW.
    Now I'm nearly done and close to being an empty Nester. We'll tour differently soon.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I agree... I love taking time going through the AK... there are so many animals and things to see, and the atmosphere is perfect... we go on the Safari about 3-4 times throughout the day, and each trip is different, with different animal encounters. I can spend open to close at the Animal Kingdom... it's perfect to do in the middle of your trip, since you can go at a more relaxed pace... when we go for an 8 day trip, we'll hit the AK 3 or 4 times, easily... it's great to go in the morning, then leave around 1 and hit another park!

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I'm glad to hear they are doing a little here and there... especially glad to hear about a 9th row being added to some of the Safari vehicles because that queue can be one of the worst, "world" wide.
    Amen!! I spent part of our last trip trying to explain to my 4-year-old neice why the men on those videos were hurting the animals...
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

One of my New Years goals was to organize my photo's. Plowing through envelopes of photo's I tripped across Animal Kingdom photo's from a month after AK opened. Wow! Mega Changes. I have horrible memories of the heat there that particular month. As I looked through the pic's all of the open air gift shops truly look different, even the colors are better today beyond them being A/C now. You can see the paths and loading area for the boats that toured the river, which were gone by the end of May. Lots of Boo Boo's in that parks early days. I bet costly too.