Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Expedition everest challenge in the News & Rumors forums; The first ever Expedition Everest Challenge is now set to take place on Saturday, September 27th. I’m a little unclear on what this event really is, but they describe it ...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program

Expedition everest challenge

The first ever Expedition Everest Challenge is now set to take place on Saturday, September 27th. I’m a little unclear on what this event really is, but they describe it as a “Race through the dark, exotic terrain of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park on a thrilling 5K trek in the shadows of the Forbidden Mountain.” The official page mentions that surprises along the way may become obstacles on your team’s trek and a search for clues to lead you on your journey. So it’s a Everest themed triathlon of sorts mixing a 5K Run, an obstacle course and a scavenger hunt in the land of the Yeti. The event will be followed up with an exclusive after-hours party at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I’m very intrigued by this and the timing is also good with that weekend usually being the opening of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando the night before as well as usually being the kick-off weekend for Epcot’s popular Food & Wine event. Registration is $195 per couple and includes admission to the park, after party and more.
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm trying to talk my sister into this....I'm actually hoping DH will agree to pay for it as motivation to start my diet
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I posted something about this the other day and it really sounds cool to me. I would love to try it but the price (and the fact that I just payed for the Goofy race last week) makes me feel like I am going to have to hold off. I am really interested to see what its like...But I wish they would offer the package without the one day/one park ticket and cut down the price. Seeing that a one day pass is getting up to something like $70 that would cut it down at least some. For those of us with a Annual Pass a one day doesnt help.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    ISince it will never expire, I'm going to save the one day ticket to apply towards the purchase price of my annual pass next year.

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    that would be awesome! and with 76 dollar round tip tickets to florida it might just be affordable!
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

bgsnmky is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDan275 View Post
    that would be awesome! and with 76 dollar round tip tickets to florida it might just be affordable!
    I emailed to the sports people and am trying to find out if there would be a discount for AP holders, but haven't heard yet.

So you are thiking you can use your AP to get i the park and not use the day pass. Then use the day pass to upgrade to an annual pass??

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've gotten two e-mails back from Disney on this subject. Here is the correspondence in it's entirety:

Questions
    I have three questions about the Expedition Everest Challenge...First, is this to be a morning or evening race? Second, is the after-hours event limited to the racers only or will their families be allowed to attend as well? Finally, I am an Annual Passholder. Can I save the ticket and apply it towards my AP renewal?

Response
    Alisa,The race will be held in the evening with a 7pm start time. The after hours party is available to spectators for a cost of $25 and will be available to purchase online during registration. Unfortunately, the one day ticket cannot be used towards your AP renewal.
    Thanks,Disney Sports

Follow-Up Questions
    Thank you for your prompt reply. So, is the ticket specific to the participant and only good for race day? What if I choose not to go to the AK during the day before the race? Am I paying $100 just for the race? Yikes! Or is it a non-expiring one-day ticket that I could use the day following the race. Also, is it a ticket good only at DAK or can it be used at any of the four parks?

Follow-Up Response
    Alisa,The tickets are only valid at Animal Kingdom or Epcot. The tickets are also only valid from September 26, 2008 through October 10, 2008.Disney Sports

bgsnmky is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    I've gotten two e-mails back from Disney on this subject. Here is the correspondence in it's entirety:

Questions
    I have three questions about the Expedition Everest Challenge...First, is this to be a morning or evening race? Second, is the after-hours event limited to the racers only or will their families be allowed to attend as well? Finally, I am an Annual Passholder. Can I save the ticket and apply it towards my AP renewal?

Response
    Alisa,The race will be held in the evening with a 7pm start time. The after hours party is available to spectators for a cost of $25 and will be available to purchase online during registration. Unfortunately, the one day ticket cannot be used towards your AP renewal.
    Thanks,Disney Sports

Follow-Up Questions
    Thank you for your prompt reply. So, is the ticket specific to the participant and only good for race day? What if I choose not to go to the AK during the day before the race? Am I paying $100 just for the race? Yikes! Or is it a non-expiring one-day ticket that I could use the day following the race. Also, is it a ticket good only at DAK or can it be used at any of the four parks?

Follow-Up Response
    Alisa,The tickets are only valid at Animal Kingdom or Epcot. The tickets are also only valid from September 26, 2008 through October 10, 2008.Disney Sports
    YIKES is right?

I wonder if we can sell the one day ticket or if it is only given to us.
    Of course if we have to use that ticket to get and not our annual pass ticket that won't be good either.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    (cue the Expedition Everest background music... insert scary sound of the Yeti growling...)

It's official! I (we) have registered and will be competing in the Expedition Everest Challenge! Deanna and I (WDW Radio Show Marathon Team) will be running as a team, and we can't wait!!!!

I will start another thread to see who else may be going, running, cheering (or jeering).... oh wait... here it is:
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

That is AWESOME Lou!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com