Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Grad Nite 2005 at Magic Kingdom in the News & Rumors forums; Grad Nite 2005 at Magic Kingdom April 22, 23,29 & 30, 2005 Entertainment, dates and times subject to change. Event Hours Admission Live Entertainment Open Lands & Attractions Dress Code ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Grad Nite 2005 at Magic Kingdom

Grad Nite 2005 at Magic Kingdom

April 22, 23,29 & 30, 2005

Entertainment, dates and times subject to change.

Event Hours Admission Live Entertainment Open Lands & Attractions Dress Code

General Info: Disney Grad Nite 2005 promises to be the biggest and best Disney Grad Nite celebration yet! On April 22, 23, 29, and 30, high school senior classes will gather for an exclusive, all-night party in the Magic Kingdom featuring live performances by Yellow Card, Ciara, Ryan Cabrera and Kevin Lyttle!

What's Included: Once the gate opens, seniors have exclusive use of the Magic KingdomPark and get to enjoy unlimited use of select attractions, live concert performances, multiple dance floors with DJ's, Riverboat Dance Cruise, Foam Dance Smash, Karaoke, anda professional Disney Grad Nite photo is included.

Event Hours:

Blast Off - 8:00pm - 10:00pm

Some Guests will enjoy early entry into the Magic Kingdom with unlimited access to some of the most popular attractions. There's also dance music and a snack included.

Other Blast-Off events include Pleasure Island and a Fort Wilderness Cookout

Grad Nite - 10:00pm - 4:00am

Who Can Attend: Admission to all Disney Grad Nite events is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis and is open to all High Schools in the United States. Proper attire is required, and groups must be accompanied by at least one chaperone. Interested groups should visit http://disneyyouthprograms.com.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

Memories........

I remember my grad nite (1977) <sigh!> It was wonderful. Can't believe it's been almost 30 years!
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    And my High School laughed at me when I suggested this...

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot

Cool Remembering

Quote Originally Posted by akur
    I remember my grad nite (1977) <sigh!> It was wonderful. Can't believe it's been almost 30 years!
    I loved doing Grad Nite in 99. Before that I never saw the Magic Kingdom. I remember feeling like a little kid in a candystore. It was so magical to see everything in lights.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I was there, too! K.C. & the Sunshine Band, Starbuck, Flash Cadillac & the Continental Kids. I still have the brochure and ticket stub from Grad Nite. Would you believe the tickets were only $9.00? I hate to think what it costs now!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2
    I was there, too! K.C. & the Sunshine Band, Starbuck, Flash Cadillac & the Continental Kids. I still have the brochure and ticket stub from Grad Nite. Would you believe the tickets were only $9.00? I hate to think what it costs now!
    I can not belive the difference in price from 1977 and 1999. I paid 50 dollars for my grad nite

K.c!

I remember watching them!!! I couldn't believe they got such a big group to perform.

Shake, shake, shake,
    shake, shake, shake,
    shake your {censorsed}

Ana, who really does not like disco, but remembers that night fondly.
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    K.C. & the Sunshine Band ... they played at a birthday party my parents went to last year. So that makes it seem like much less a coup for WDW [Well, something like that. Granted, it's no longer 1977... ]

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Where do all these ridiculous performances take place? Like right in the parks? Or somewhere just for the graduation people? I think I'm gonna be in Disney through those dates.... but I'm not a senior or anything... I don't get this !
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Quote Originally Posted by egran125
    Where do all these ridiculous performances take place? Like right in the parks? Or somewhere just for the graduation people? I think I'm gonna be in Disney through those dates.... but I'm not a senior or anything... I don't get this !
    They happen inside the Magic Kingdom from 11pm to 5am. When I was there for gradnite 99, they had at least two parties that I know of. One of the parties was in Adventureland, and the other one was in front of the castle. One of artist there was Britney Spears before she was well known as a singer
    Last edited by jarmitc2032; 02-27-2005 at 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Cool shake, shake, shake

Yes, they close the park early that day, sweep it, and then get it ready for the seniors. Party time!
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Yes, they close the park early that day, sweep it, and then get it ready for the seniors. Party time!
    That is right, they do close early for getting ready for Gradnite. I forgot about that. The only bad thing about gradnite is dressing up for it.
    Last edited by jarmitc2032; 02-27-2005 at 09:54 PM.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    I can not belive the difference in price from 1977 and 1999. I paid 50 dollars for my grad nite
    Well disneys rates have gone up a bit faster than the rate of inflation the past 20 years, still a good portion of the difference is the rate of inflation (what was minimun wage in 1977 wasn't it near 2.00/hr). Also were all atttractions included for that price? I know that daytime admission was quite a bit lower at that time because you still had to but tickets for the rides once you got in, but for a seperate party like that I'm guessing all rides were included.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

mrspotts is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by egran125
    Join the club!! Made our reservations for the same weeks also. We had NOOOO idea that it was grad night. The schools in Utah don't graduate until JUNE!! Thought we were just hitting the end of spring break and that was bad enough. I'm changing our plans for the Magic Kingdom as we speak. We plan on having a great time anyway, and hope you do too!!
    "Off to the cupboard with you"

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'April 19, 2005 8:15:00 AM MDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=maroon>We can`t wait</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Chillin\\\' with Chip!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>