Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss February 14 - A Soarin' good time in the News & Rumors forums; February 14 - A Soarin' good time I recently strapped into a seat on Soarin' at Epcot and took a high-flying, absolutely sensational spin above the wondrous state of California. ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

February 14 - A Soarin' good time

February 14 - A Soarin' good time

I recently strapped into a seat on Soarin' at Epcot and took a high-flying, absolutely sensational spin above the wondrous state of California. Let me tell you, it was fantastic fun and made me even more excited about our upcoming Happiest Celebration on Earth.

It's easy to see why this ride, based on Soarin' Over California at Disney's California Adventure, is one of Disney's most popular attractions. Combining cinematic artistry with cutting-edge motion-based technology, Soarin' invokes all the senses as you glide through the air, over mountaintops and cities, over ocean and orange groves. You feel the wind in your hair and even pick up the fragrant scent of orange blossoms and pine trees.

Opening at The Land pavilion at Epcot this April, Soarin' vividly illustrates the rich landscape and topography of the Golden State and should nicely complement the pavilion's agriculture and ecology theme. As you know, this ride is coming to the Walt Disney World Resort as part of the Happiest Celebration on Earth, honoring of the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. We'll celebrate the best of Disney theme parks around the world by importing blockbuster hits from across the globe into all four of our parks.

I previewed Soarin' along with members of the Walt Disney World Creative Partnership, a group of top Disney leaders representing many different and creative aspects of our business. This wasn't just an opportunity for us to have a little fun, although we did enjoy ourselves. We also got an up-close look at the inner workings of what is sure to become one of our most thrilling, creative theme park additions.

I encourage all of you to "soar" over California during the Cast Member previews of this attraction scheduled for early April (operating dates and times will be posted shortly on the My Disney TEAM portal). Clearly, Soarin' is the kind of innovative, immersive experience that makes our company so magical and so distinguished in our industry.

Al Weiss
    President
    Walt Disney World
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

rhodisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Can't wait to ride this!!! I would have loved to see a Soarin over FLORIDA version for Epcot, too.
    Planning our 11th trip!!!
    Week after Christmas 2007POP Century
    Loved the new Pirates movie!!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Can't wait! This celebration is just the excuse I need to plan a trip again this year....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Soarin' is awesome! I can't wait till it opens.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    This ride sounds like fun, I can not wait to ride it

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    It is another Disney ride unlike naything you have ever been on before. It is great!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I agree! Soarin' is a great ride. I'm interested in seeing how this version will compare to DCA's. 100 more days and I may find out.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...