Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss 'Idol' Attraction Coming to Disney World in the News & Rumors forums; I can't say I'm estatic about the idea, I really don't care for American Idol. It might be something I do once in a while, but it wouldn't be an ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can't say I'm estatic about the idea, I really don't care for American Idol. It might be something I do once in a while, but it wouldn't be an everytime experience...and I'd never get up and sing.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    You'd think after seeing how Millionaire failed they wouldn't try to do another game show type thing... I dunno, I have no desire to even watch this... and I'm a HUGE Idol fan.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I think the park is now going down the drain...
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    I agree. Animal Kingdom has moved up into my personal 3rd place of the WDW parks with DHS being a very distant 4th. The park needs some TLC! I barely spend time in DHS nowadays. I go in for ToT and RnRC, specifically. If I want to spend more time, I may add in The Hollywood Brown Derby and another attraction.

I'm curious to see what actually gets put out and how it will be handled in the park. Who knows? It could work, but then it may not. Don't other theme and amusement parks have attractions that you have to pay extra for to record/perform you singing? Maybe this is an attempt to target this type of audience with the Disney and American Idol brands.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Tinkgirl is offline Thanks for the Memories :3
    what?
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009
    I may come back full swing one day, foolish mortals, maybe one day.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    I see a spinoff thread in my future... watch for it... Waaaatch for it....

EDIT: Told ya...
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...on-thread.html
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-08-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    It's posted on WDW news.
    WDWNews.com - Walt Disney World Resort
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Tinkgirl is offline Thanks for the Memories :3
    I think it's going to be fun
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009
    I may come back full swing one day, foolish mortals, maybe one day.

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Are they going to let the William Hungs of the world get up there on the stage so we can see them go down in flames too? The first few weeks of the show every year with the painfully bad or bizarre auditions is the best part! As long as it's not just folks who can ACTUALLY sing, it will be entertaining. I would love to go and BOOOOOO someone! (am i bad? just telling the truth)

ooh- I just thought of something too! WDW clips on American Idol when a person uses thier pass to jump the line, how cool will that be?
    Last edited by BryanFykes; 02-08-2008 at 11:33 PM.
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I agree. This park does need some TLC. I'm way sad about Backlot Tour being chopped to bits. Why did they have to take out Residential street? Why couldn't they have done more with the on-site water tank? I miss the " behind the scenes" quality that DHS used to have. Bring some real life production back to the park...what was the last movie/show that was actually filmed here?

And if we're gonna do a gameshow, I'd rather see something similar to Price is Right

And while I'm on my soapbox, WHEN am I gonna get my National Treasure attraction?!?!

Whew, OK I feel better now
    Last edited by StarsNStripes; 02-08-2008 at 11:56 PM.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

bowlingman7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    What a horrible idea this is, Don't watch Idol, can't stand it. What are they thinking?
    They are truly slippin.
    If we can dream it, we can do it!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Man you people are something. Nothing *ever* makes this community happy. When Millionare was taken out, people screamed "Why are you taking it out!! It's so great!!! We don't want another Toy Story attraction!" Now this Idol thing is announced, and people actually have the audacity to scream "WHY!? Look how horrible Millionare failed!!! We don't want another game show!!!" Crimany.

So you don't like Idol? Fine, don't go. Enjoy the rest of the park. But don't be so unbelievably narrow minded as to insist that your opinion is shared by the rest of the world. I can imagine many people that I know loving the idea of going to this attraction as part of their touring day, either to watch, "audition", or judge. People are constantly complaining that they want to see more interactivity in new attractions. And yet with this, which is about as interactive as you can get, we now have people complaining that it's *too* interactive, that "no one" will want to perform or audition or whatever.

Cripes. Get over yourselves. Give the new attraction a try. If you don't like it, fine, stick with ToT and RnR. Let the people who want to go to Idol enjoy it. Not every single attraction is going to appeal to every single person, nor should it.

Oh, and by the way - I hate the American Idol TV show. In case you were thinking I'm fanboy....

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Man you people are something. Nothing *ever* makes this community happy. When Millionare was taken out, people screamed "Why are you taking it out!! It's so great!!! We don't want another Toy Story attraction!" Now this Idol thing is announced, and people actually have the audacity to scream "WHY!? Look how horrible Millionare failed!!! We don't want another game show!!!" Crimany.

So you don't like Idol? Fine, don't go. Enjoy the rest of the park. But don't be so unbelievably narrow minded as to insist that your opinion is shared by the rest of the world. I can imagine many people that I know loving the idea of going to this attraction as part of their touring day, either to watch, "audition", or judge. People are constantly complaining that they want to see more interactivity in new attractions. And yet with this, which is about as interactive as you can get, we now have people complaining that it's *too* interactive, that "no one" will want to perform or audition or whatever.

Cripes. Get over yourselves. Give the new attraction a try. If you don't like it, fine, stick with ToT and RnR. Let the people who want to go to Idol enjoy it. Not every single attraction is going to appeal to every single person, nor should it.

Oh, and by the way - I hate the American Idol TV show. In case you were thinking I'm fanboy....
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the tone of your post mritty was a little on the uncalled for side in IMHO. If you truly feel this way about some of the members on DWT's opinions, posts, etc. on this message board, maybe this isn't the best online Disney community for you? Maybe you are only focusing in on some posts and not others here? Not everyone here is panning this idea.

And you are right and I totally agree with you when you said "Not every single attraction is going to appeal to every single person, nor should it." Right now, this concept doesn't appeal to me. However, I can think of some people this will appeal to.

And just so you know DWT is not the online Disney community who is reacting this way. My DVC group is having very similar reactions to this bit of news.

My post in this thread isn't a condemnation of the AI attraction concept in DHS, but rather let's see how it gets executed before we pass judgment on it. And again, I'm not an American Idol fan either...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    MandaBella, the problem is that I come to the DWT forums to feel good. To smile, and laugh, and enjoy talking about Disney. But when I see a thread like this that involves people overwhelmingly panning an idea before it's even seen the light of day..... ugh. It makes me want to take a break from "the Happiest Forums on Earth" because I end up significantly less happy than when I started reading.

I do apologize if my post "crossed the line", as you said. It was an inital reaction to reading the thread, and I didn't count to ten before I posted. Maybe I should have.

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    i know i won't be auditioning! lol
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast