Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss 'Idol' Attraction Coming to Disney World in the News & Rumors forums; I like the idea of having more films being made on property and having better tours like the traditional BackLot tour and the Animation Tours. I wish they would bring ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I like the idea of having more films being made on property and having better tours like the traditional BackLot tour and the Animation Tours. I wish they would bring more of that. I am not a fan of AI and this will bring people to the park but I don't want to see it or my kids to see it. Is this a one time deal?

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Gae, I agree, I agree!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My understanding is that in a few years DHS will be dropping the "Studios" part of the name to become just Disney's Hollywood. This kind of makes sense, because if you take the production based attractions out (backlot tour, animation, making movies and TV shows there) you are left with a Movie and show-business themed park, not a Movie-making themed park. Make sense to me, and opens up much more space to add some really cool attractions. Catastrophe canyon was cool, but needs an over-haul. It could be kept and it could be just shortened to where you just drive in and then drive out and get off. scrubbing the backlot would be a goodthing, IMHO, although i would miss it terribly (heck, i already do, in some respects. without residential street the tour stinks, but I love LMA) Idol fits the new show-business theme. It works (in theory, Im scared about the execution, frankly) and i hope it does well. The show-business aspect of the new theme will also allow them to keep "one man's dream" which i love and hope stays a long time.
    Last edited by BryanFykes; 02-09-2008 at 02:36 PM.
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    nooo don't scrub Backlot Tour. Why can't we have both production-based attractions and movie/show-business attractions? If anything, I wish there were MORE production based attractions. The Backlot Tour used t be a heck of a lot longer than it is now and I miss it. I'd love it, for instance, if they had an attraction where you could explore the real sets of some of our favorite movies/tv shows. The Cosby family room, Central Perk from Friends, the old ABC shows like Family Matters,Step by Step and Full House, etc... I mean, how many people wouldn't love to sit on the Forrest Gump bench or run up the Rocky steps, etc...

Maybe I'm just nerdy, but I love movie memorabilia and I would LOVE it if they has some type of attraction like this. Sorry, I'm veering from the original topic, but we're kind of talking about DHS in general now
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes View Post
    nooo don't scrub Backlot Tour. Why can't we have both production-based attractions and movie/show-business attractions? If anything, I wish there were MORE production based attractions. The Backlot Tour used t be a heck of a lot longer than it is now and I miss it. I'd love it, for instance, if they had an attraction where you could explore the real sets of some of our favorite movies/tv shows. The Cosby family room, Central Perk from Friends, the old ABC shows like Family Matters,Step by Step and Full House, etc... I mean, how many people wouldn't love to sit on the Forrest Gump bench or run up the Rocky steps, etc...

Maybe I'm just nerdy, but I love movie memorabilia and I would LOVE it if they has some type of attraction like this. Sorry, I'm veering from the original topic, but we're kind of talking about DHS in general now
    If you want more of a "studio" feel, then please, by all means, check out Universal Studios. Although they don't produce that much over there as they used to, they're still considered to be a working studio, and have just recently redone their Earthquake ride into "Disaster, A major motion picture staring you" and although as corny as it sounds, it is actually an attraction worth seeing. You go through the preshows that explain that they're working on a movie, and need your help, and show you some special effects and such, and then you get to star in one of their next big movies coming out that needs a quick reshoot, so you basically ride the old Earthquake ride with added cameras and monitors in the trains, and then after the ride's done and you're going back to the station, you watch a trailer with scenes shot from your car and preshows. And then there's Horror Makeup Show which is really funny and shows how they do some of their speical effects in their horror movies which is pretty cool. And then they have Animal Actor's Studio which is just a show with animals that do tricks and such, nothing special unless you like watching animals jump through hoops and such. They used to have other attractions which I was sad to see go which included The Art of Hitchcock where you'd see a 3D movie of "The Birds" and then a live show of how they did a few scenes from pyscho, including the shower scene with how they had so many camera angles in the shower scene all shooting at once both behind and in front of the shower curtain, reall cool to see them swing open the walls of the back of the shower to show the part where you see 'mother' from the curtains, really creepy and neat to watch. Afterwards, there's a post show area where they had several little scenes that you can be part of when they re-enact them. They had a part of the carosuel that spun around like crazy and having some guy trying to kick you off as you're hanging by a pole, and a scene where you're haning from the Statue of Liberty and can't hold on much longer and fall down hundreds of feet to your doom. You're all safe and not moving anywhere, it's cool how they showed how he pulled off some of these effects back then. They also had a Rear Window game where you try to figure out who done it as you're looking through binoculars at a bunch of windows of houses in a row, and a room would light up here and there with a clue. Very cool show, sad to see it go, but I do hope that they will bring back more attractions like that. I'm glad to see Disaster turn out well, and hope the best for the rest of the park.

Just to make sure before anyone gets upset how I'm promoting the 'other guys,' I love both parks equally and glad they each have their own uniqueness to them that I love about both of them.

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Wow.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I thought maybe someone was reading the make up a rumor thread. In fact, I was rather hoping it was based on something read there. I liked taking a break for Millionaire, but I don't think this new attraction is something I'll enjoy. I watch AI, but not till they get down to the last dozen contestants and then only if there is basically nothing else on. I'll wait for the reviews before I decide to check it out, otherwise I guess it may disappear before I see it just as Sounds Dangerous did.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    cool!

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Is it me or did this news come out of nowhere? Was it even rumored? Did I miss another thread about it?

This has been rumored for some time....I was only hoping the rumor wasn't true. I think that this show is a bad idea.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    I'd say it'll lose popularity by 3 months but won't be closing for at least a year and a half because they'll probably promote the heck out of it and try to draw people in and then realize that it's doing nothing so it'll close down by then. 2 years tops.

I agree....it'll be gone for sure in 3 years.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    OK call me crazy but I think this will be fun. I do agree that the prize is not great. I think more people might be interested if the prize were something different. I know my 10 year old daughter can not wait to see it. My guess is you will see allot of the younger age group trying out.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Quote Originally Posted by BethD View Post
    OK call me crazy but I think this will be fun. I do agree that the prize is not great. I think more people might be interested if the prize were something different. I know my 10 year old daughter can not wait to see it. My guess is you will see allot of the younger age group trying out.
    Slight problem, from what I've heard is that you have to be 14 and up to audition for the show.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I do not want to be mean, but I would like to see people make fun of themselves.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by nicki12 View Post
    I do not want to be mean, but I would like to see people make fun of themselves.
    That's what Jungle Cruise is for

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Slight problem, from what I've heard is that you have to be 14 and up to audition for the show.

Yes, that is what I heard as well. I bet they will have allot of the 14 - 18 year olds trying out.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast