Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney Fire!! in the News & Rumors forums; I was just watching the news and they said that a ride is WDW caught fire. Does anyone know anymore information on this?...
    disney95 is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Fire!!

I was just watching the news and they said that a ride is WDW caught fire. Does anyone know anymore information on this?
    July 20-27> POLYNESIAN!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It sounds like the safari

Fire Closes Disney's Animal Kingdom Ride
    6 hours ago
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — A ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom has closed after a small fire broke out Sunday, sending one woman to the hospital with minor injuries.
    Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger says a truck engine at the Kilimanjaro Safari ride caught on fire when an engine hose failed. The blaze was mostly out by the time fire officials arrived.
    The unidentified woman was taken to the hospital after complaining of a knee injury when she jumped from a truck. Finger says three other guests have been treated on the scene for minor injuries.
    She says Disney officials are inspecting all of the vehicles in the ride. The ride will likely re-open Monday.

April beat me to it! I was just coming to post that!

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Me too... April's quick! :-)
    Hypermommy

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    What's sad is, the person who hurt herself by jumping from the truck in a panic will now most likely sue Disney. When had she remained calm she'd have been safe, sound and secure.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    What's sad is, the person who hurt herself by jumping from the truck in a panic will now most likely sue Disney. When had she remained calm she'd have been safe, sound and secure.
    Some people are just plain dumb.
    -Zac

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    wow thats interesting...i wonder where the lady jumped to?? i mean, was she actually out on the ride path and were animals nearby??
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thanks. I wonder where the rise caught on fire(what animal area)?
    July 20-27> POLYNESIAN!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

SafariStitch is offline A-Ticket holder
    I used to work at safari's and have emailed some friends there to see if they know anything. But yeah, I remember parents trying to swing their kids over the side of the ride vehicle. Um, yeah.....nuff said.
    What time is the 4 o'clock parade?

I do know that the animals are secured from other animals by secret hidden fences, ropes, barbwire, moats, rivers, etc. The is for the ride track too, except for more tame animals, like the deer, which I know they let wonder accross the track. The people were probably safe.
    July 20-27> POLYNESIAN!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!