Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Nestle Pulling Sponsorship in the News & Rumors forums; Something I just happened to think about.....even if Nestle does loose sponsorship of the Land pavilion would it really be "economical" for the pavillion to go down the drain? It ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Something I just happened to think about.....even if Nestle does loose sponsorship of the Land pavilion would it really be "economical" for the pavillion to go down the drain?

It houses what is undoubedly one of the most popular attractions in Epcot with Soarin' as well as housing all of the Sunshine Seasons food court stalls along with the Garden Grill, the only dining establishment in Epcot where you can see the classic Disney characters. And what about Living with the Land? I would think it might actually hurt Disney if they gutted this one because of all the produce grown and farmed here that is provided to other restaurants in the World. Surely there is some advantages to growing your own stuff rather than buying from an outside company. The only thing I really don't see any hope for if there is a sponsorship change (and I hope I'm right that it is the only thing) would be the Circle of Life movie show.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorria View Post
    Something I just happened to think about.....even if Nestle does loose sponsorship of the Land pavilion would it really be "economical" for the pavillion to go down the drain?

It houses what is undoubedly one of the most popular attractions in Epcot with Soarin' as well as housing all of the Sunshine Seasons food court stalls along with the Garden Grill, the only dining establishment in Epcot where you can see the classic Disney characters. And what about Living with the Land? I would think it might actually hurt Disney if they gutted this one because of all the produce grown and farmed here that is provided to other restaurants in the World. Surely there is some advantages to growing your own stuff rather than buying from an outside company. The only thing I really don't see any hope for if there is a sponsorship change (and I hope I'm right that it is the only thing) would be the Circle of Life movie show.

Unfortunetly, name just 1 Future World attraction/pavilion that still gives the same meaning as it it did when it opened? Possibly the only one is the land and that is partially due to the fact that once Kraft left, Nestle came in right after.

DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!
    I was trying to quote someone's comment about Kodak not sponsoring anybody anymore, but it wouldn't let me quote it. Anyways, ironically, we were talking about Kodak today in my Marketing class and my professor said that Kodak almost went completely under when digital cameras became the big thing because they were late in developing one themselves and it almost cost them their company. This makes me think that they may be pulling out all their sponsorship because they're really not doing well as a company overall. In this situation, it may have nothing to do with Disney. I know this thread was about Nestle, but I figured I would throw this in.
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLove28 View Post
    I was trying to quote someone's comment about Kodak not sponsoring anybody anymore, but it wouldn't let me quote it. Anyways, ironically, we were talking about Kodak today in my Marketing class and my professor said that Kodak almost went completely under when digital cameras became the big thing because they were late in developing one themselves and it almost cost them their company. This makes me think that they may be pulling out all their sponsorship because they're really not doing well as a company overall. In this situation, it may have nothing to do with Disney. I know this thread was about Nestle, but I figured I would throw this in.
    Yeah I know Polaroid which is a competitor to Kodak has moved to digital print which Kodak has been in for some time. I think the biggest thing is that HP and Dell sell bundles of their pcs, printers and digital cameras. It will sad to see the Kodak go but it's understandable.

angharad is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by princessariel View Post
    Can I ask a dumb question? Why do they need sponsors? Does the Disney corporation not make enough to run the rides etc without a sponsor?
    They make enough, but they're able to do more this way. Getting a few million dollars for maybe 3 rides in a park frees up that same amount in Disney's working budget, allowing them to focus on other things. Some of this savings might even be passed along to the consumer in the cost of ticket prices. One of the things about sponsors - either good or bad - is that Disney will take their viewpoint far more seriously than the opinion of your everyday Joe Tourist. I believe it was Siemens that put the final nail in the coffin for the Mickey arm on SSE in Epcot, for example. The other thing about sponsors is that it allows Disney some corporate relationships for possible marketing opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLove28 View Post
    I actually read about Kodak not sponsoring the Olympics on a stock website. They were very late to the game with both digital cameras and home photo printers, which has caused their stock to drop a fair amount.
    Last edited by angharad; 02-14-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123