Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Nestle Pulling Sponsorship in the News & Rumors forums; I've heard/read on a few podcasts (including Lou's) that Nestle is pulling their sponsorship of the Land. Anyone have any speculations on what this means for the pavillion? We all ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Exclamation Nestle Pulling Sponsorship

I've heard/read on a few podcasts (including Lou's) that Nestle is pulling their sponsorship of the Land. Anyone have any speculations on what this means for the pavillion? We all know that since Soarin' was added it's certainly seen a huge increase in visitation but sponsorship changing has never boded well for the other pavillions.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    Why would they leave? What's cooler than Disney World?
    -Zac

Quote Originally Posted by redheadbrown View Post
    Why would they leave? What's cooler than Disney World?
    Ahhh if only that were true. So many times this has happened and as history shows us, it's rarely a good thing.

AT&T pulled out of Spaceship Earth
    GE out of Horizons
    Kraft out of The Land
    Exxon out of the Universe of Energy
    United Technologies out of The Living Seas

About the only pavillion whose sponsorship hasn't changed since it opened is what is now Test Track. Remarkably it held onto it's GM sponsorship through a gigantic refurb (World of Motion to Test Track). Yes yes, Kodak still sponsors Imagination but they are an opposite scenario to me. I fully believe that had Fuji Film gotten in in 1997 when they tried, we'd have a much more true to the original Imagination pavillion.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I thought the same thing that there was a good possibility that a dropped sponsor didn't bode well for the other attractions, which is a same since the Land is now my favorite attraction at Epcot since the demolition of Horizons and the original Journey Into Imagination. Hopefully nothering drastic will happen and the pavilion will be able to find a new sponsor relatively soon if Nestle does back out.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    I don't think they will bulldoze The Land after the recent referb.
    -Zac

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think it will still hold strong....Soarin is one of the bigger atractions to Epcot....I can't see it just going down the tubes.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

AngelMia007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok, if Nestle does pull out there's at least one good thing to come of it - the coffee in the parks will (hopefully) improve. After all, who likes the Nestle coffee offerings? The pavillion should be fine - Disney should easily get a sponsor for one of the most visited pavillions in Epcot (probably the whole property).

"We're all mad here......"

"Come on Carlos, don't be Chicken!"

Oh yeah I'm not worried about bulldozing or demolision or anything here... I just know that ordinarily this sort of situation means things change attraction wise. Like when Kraft pulled out, Kitchen Kabaret went buh-bye.

AngelMia007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    True, but the probable attraction change (I think) would be the Timon/Pumba/Simba environmental attraction on the 2nd floor of the pavilion. Let's face it, that could use an update anyway.

"We're all mad here......"

"Come on Carlos, don't be Chicken!"

We heard from two different CM's last August that Kodak is not renewing their contract either. Property wide.....which means all of those "Kodak Spots" will most likely disappear or change.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    We heard from two different CM's last August that Kodak is not renewing their contract either. Property wide.....which means all of those "Kodak Spots" will most likely disappear or change.
    Ugh see?!?!?!?! Oooooo but maybe a new sponsor will come into Imagination and restore it to something worthwhile.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Don't forget when MetLife pulled out from Wonders of Life, and things started falling apart there as it went seasonal, and so on.

Kodak used to also be at Universal, and had Kodak picture spots as well. Even the on-ride pictures were Kodak, and now they're "Amazing Pictures" which isn't really quite the same, but I guess it'll have to do.

I'm gonna guess they're just going to change their picture spot signs and slab on a Disney or Epcot logo picture spot or whatever, I don't see them really getting rid of the signs, just replacing them with their own. As for Imagination, I hope this brings good news for the ride, and maybe a new 3D show as well? I'm tired of dog sneezes and lab rats, thankyouverymuch.

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Oh please bring decent coffee with a new sponsor...

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    About the only pavillion whose sponsorship hasn't changed since it opened is what is now Test Track. Remarkably it held onto it's GM sponsorship through a gigantic refurb (World of Motion to Test Track). Yes yes, Kodak still sponsors Imagination but they are an opposite scenario to me. I fully believe that had Fuji Film gotten in in 1997 when they tried, we'd have a much more true to the original Imagination pavillion.
    That actually wasn't entirely true. I heard stories of Fuji wanting to bring in a thrill ride which guess what, would have changed Imagination anyway. Pick your poison, a thrill ride or a ride with Figment still in it despite no Dreamfinder?

Quote Originally Posted by coasterfreak516 View Post
    That actually wasn't entirely true. I heard stories of Fuji wanting to bring in a thrill ride which guess what, would have changed Imagination anyway. Pick your poison, a thrill ride or a ride with Figment still in it despite no Dreamfinder?
    Hmm... well I never heard that rumor so..... we'll just go with pretending it wouldn't have happened.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast