Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Tree House Villas Returning? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by biblioadonis HauntedGabe--which books are they? Do you have photos or other memorabilia from that area? Off hand I know "Since the World Began" has a background piece ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by biblioadonis View Post
    HauntedGabe--which books are they?

Do you have photos or other memorabilia from that area?
    Off hand I know "Since the World Began" has a background piece on the
    Village Resort with a great overhead picture of the Treehouses surrounded in sand by the river. The river had yet to be disturbed by the expansion and metal shoring's for river travel from Key West or Port Orleans. A natural look without those pilings.

The old Birnbaum's have a few pictures too, which look like the one's you posted.

Some of the best photo's of the outdoor and indoor shots of the Bungalows and Treehouses are actually in the old travel brochures of the Walt Disney Travel Co. They are a chuckle, so many people hanging out, playing etc. while at WDW during the daylight hours. You'd think the parks would be empty.

We never stayed at this resort, they were pricier, boasted kitchens, which I wanted no part of and a living room that I hand no interest in sitting in.

We did get to visit many hotels back then because Disney allowed pool hopping back then. The water parks were not yet built nor was MGM or AK when my son was a toddler in the late '80's so you had time to explore.

The other cool nostalgia is the Downtown Shopping, it ended at The
    Empress Lilly. No Pleasure Island yet either. The shops were more rustic and quaint.

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    Indeed, the Treehouse Villas did house participants on the College Program and International College Program. CPs and ICPs are housed in both Disney and non-Disney owned sites. A new housing development for CP/ICPs is being built near Little Lake Brian. As for the future of the Villas, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Flint View Post
    Indeed, the Treehouse Villas did house participants on the College Program and International College Program. CPs and ICPs are housed in both Disney and non-Disney owned sites. A new housing development for CP/ICPs is being built near Little Lake Brian. As for the future of the Villas, I don't know.
    As of the start of the new year when the ICP's were moved from the Treehouses the CP's and the ICP's were housed in Disney owned housing between Vista, Chattum along with the Commons. Interested to hear where else they are being housed that is non Disney. Have another kid that wants to go soon and one that finished a tour of duty as a CP. Was comfortable with the housing Disney owned but hearing they are transferring students to non-Disney owned property is a bit unnerving.

Trust me, living in off-site Disney housing during the CP program is terrible... because they don't own the property, they're incredibly strict on things.

I recently stayed at Blue Heron while on the CP, I believe that some were at the Marriot next door. I can't remember the others, but do remember that the Treehouses classed as off-site.

And yet the Treehouses are the only ones that are actually on site, the rest are off property, just owned by Disney. Were you CP'ing recently?

Yes- I was an International CP Cast Member between November '07 and February '08. For the CPs, offsite and onsite didn't refer to if it was in WDW, but rather whether it was a building owned by Disney in some way. I'm not quite sure how it all works.

On to the original topic of the thread, it is interesting to see what becomes of the Treehouse Villas. I recently stayed at Saratoga Springs and someone from Cast Services was telling me that those villas were a part of the Saratoga Springs before its refurbishment into a DVC property.

The thought of having the Treehouse Villas refurbs into a true hide-away in the sky is exciting. The first time I was in the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, my first thought was, "Hey, I wanna spend the night HERE!" I personally think that the Robinson's Treehouse would make a great supplimentary prize for those who don't get to stay in Cindy's Castle!

The Treehouses were part of the Disney Village resort. Then they were part of the now debunk Disney Institute. Hurricane hit and they then became
    International CP housing. Rumors are they will become part of the Saratoga when they are torn down and rebuilt.

(Hopefully the new CP housing will stop the use of outside hotels for all CP's.
    My CP'er was at Vista, older but still a campus environment. He was there much longer than you but you did overlap. He had a blast, wishes he was still there and hopes to do a brief Alumni stint in the future.)

Haunted Gabe-

Glad to hear your CPer had a blast! I did, too! Would love to go back again, but the international travel is a little too expensive! One day, I shall return...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12