Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Guests can meet Thumper and friends at Disney's Animal Kingdom in the News & Rumors forums; Guests can meet Thumper and friends at Disney's Animal Kingdom Date: 02/17/2005 In support of the upcoming Disney DVD release of Walt Disney Pictures' Bambi, Guests have the opportunity to ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Guests can meet Thumper and friends at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Guests can meet Thumper and friends at Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Date: 02/17/2005

In support of the upcoming Disney DVD release of Walt Disney Pictures' Bambi, Guests have the opportunity to meet Thumper, along with live, forest animals, at the entrance to Disney's Animal Kingdom now through March 31.

The meet-and-greet area is located in the Palm Courtyard in front of Rainforest Café, and includes a picturesque topiary backdrop depicting Bambi, Thumper and Flower nestled in a faux forest. Music from the Bambi soundtrack provides background music at the location.

Also, a series of United States Forestry Service public service announcements is featured at Rafiki's Planet Watch, featuring a montage of Bambi clips leading up to a conservation message from Smokey Bear.

The DVD goes on sale March 1.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Why only through March 31st?!?! I wanna meet Thumper too!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I- wanna- meet- Bambi -and- Thumper! (sounds like whinny 3 year old )

Make sure you post pictures! I would love to see the costumes!
    Izzy

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There are some photos here:

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ak/thumper.htm
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    That sounds great, I hope they decide to continue that meet and greet after March 31. Lots of little ones are discovering Bambi for the first time.. How about flower, and would she smell like a skunk in a meet and greet??!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    haha! More another rare autograph for my book!
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

sparkey144 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was so excited when I heard that Thumper and friends will be there, I'm taking my niece and nephew to WDW this weekend and I can't wait to see
    Thumper.

sparkey144

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Sparkey144...please post pictures of Thumper!! I am soo bummed I won't get to see him.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

PoohBear is offline A-Ticket holder
    That would be neat to see. Too bad that we aren't going until June!
    Shelly

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 19, 2005 8:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkgreen>Vacation at Saratoga Springs</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Sharing the magic!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Awwww......Thumper is soooooooooooooooo cute! I- wanna- meet- Thump-er (whinny 3 year old,again )!!!! Didn't you say you could meet Bambi and Flower as well? If so,when someone finds a photo,tell me. My dad is curious on how Bambi will look. Thanks for the Thumper pics,though. He is too cute!
    Izzy

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    <snipped>Guests have the opportunity to meet Thumper, along with live, forest animals...
    includes a picturesque topiary backdrop depicting Bambi, Thumper and Flower nestled in a faux forest.

I think only Thumper is a walk-around character, and any other animals are real live ones. That's what it sounds like from the press release Lou quoted.

You know Disney - if it's done once, it will show up again. Thumper will turn up elsewhere after this event is over - you can almost guarantee it.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

If I catch Thumper at Animal Kingdom I'll be sure to post them once I come home.

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    YAY!!! I LOVE Bambi and Thumper... It's nice that I'll get to see it. I'll take lots of pics and share them here when I get back... (if someone shows me how when I get back)

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    I think only Thumper is a walk-around character, and any other animals are real live ones. That's what it sounds like from the press release Lou quoted.

You know Disney - if it's done once, it will show up again. Thumper will turn up elsewhere after this event is over - you can almost guarantee it.
    You are too helpful! Thank you soooo much!
    Izzy

I just got back *sniff* *sniff* no Thumper, WE got there before the park opened and no Thumper, so I went to information and asked when he would be out, they only told me morning and in the afternoon, I had two very sad kids with me, then when we left about 15 minutes after the parade, still no Thumper. And to tell you I don't know who was more disapointed me or the two kids. Oh well I hope he becomes a regular character at the parks and we catch him next time .