Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Take Your Hotel Home in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: Disney began a new program today, where they will be selling items that guests in most of their resort hotels see and use ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Lightbulb Take Your Hotel Home

I got this from WDW News Today:

Disney began a new program today, where they will be selling items that guests in most of their resort hotels see and use on a regular basis. The Disney Resort Collection website is selling everything from linens to bath accessories that you can now make a part of your home. All of the items for sale are new of course, nothing in the collection is used like the hotel items you may purchase through Mousesurplus on Ebay. There is not much distinctly Disney in the collection yet, other than a Mickey Mouse lamp you’ll find if you stay at the Grand Floridian Resort. To see what the collection has to offer and maybe make some purchases, visit the collection HERE.
    This is such a great idea!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have bookmarked that URL for my wife's benefit. I think she's going to flip when she finds out she can buy Official Disney mattresses and bedding
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post
    I have bookmarked that URL for my wife's benefit. I think she's going to flip when she finds out she can buy Official Disney mattresses and bedding

I am right with her! I had my husband call down there when we were looking for a mattress a year or so ago! Now I want one of those because I sleep so well on them!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I think this is a first! A hotel that sells you the towels...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    If you've got a cast member friend, ask them if they could take you to property control where they have a lot of discounted merchandise and stuff from the hotels. There were even a couple old arcade games in the back which would have been neat to pick up, but I didn't have the money or space in my car :P

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    will they ever sell things like artwork and small furniture in the rooms. I would want polynesian stuff. especially the paintings
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    The Quality Suites hotel in Anaheim actually has a price list next to the vanity with towel prices. I guess they are tired of getting them stolen so now they tell you how much they cost! Maybe make the guests feel guiltier. I wonder if it works. Or maybe that's what they tack on to your bill if you do take some.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    The Quality Suites hotel in Anaheim actually has a price list next to the vanity with towel prices. I guess they are tired of getting them stolen so now they tell you how much they cost! Maybe make the guests feel guiltier. I wonder if it works. Or maybe that's what they tack on to your bill if you do take some.
    There was one hotel I stayed at on Daytona Beach that was really disgusting, but that's a different story. Anyways, to make the trip even worse, they had no towels in our room but had a sign that said the same thing "if there are any missing towels, you will be asked to pay for them." Well, we told front desk this, and other complaints about the room, and they couldn't care less about it and still ended up charging us for towels that we never had to begin with. Last time I went up to Daytona, it looks like that place closed down and is now an empty lot. That just made my day

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The only thing that peeked my interest was the Mickey lamp.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    There was one hotel I stayed at on Daytona Beach that was really disgusting, but that's a different story. Anyways, to make the trip even worse, they had no towels in our room but had a sign that said the same thing "if there are any missing towels, you will be asked to pay for them." Well, we told front desk this, and other complaints about the room, and they couldn't care less about it and still ended up charging us for towels that we never had to begin with. Last time I went up to Daytona, it looks like that place closed down and is now an empty lot. That just made my day
    Off topic - Doesn't really matter in this case since the place closed down but I like to post a review on TripAdvisor or Expedia when I stay in a hotel anywhere. It helps to read other traveller's reviews when you are trying to decide between different hotels.

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    These must be the linens they use in the deluxe hotels....I do NOT want the towels from the moderate or value ones....soooo scratchy and so thin
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    I think this is a first! A hotel that sells you the towels...
    What happened to the good old days when people use to steal them
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Mouse Surplus has actually been doing this for awhile. It's just only recently that it sort of became a "marketing ploy".

If you check out their auctions it's not things like towels. It's the bedskirts and comforters. No sheets or towels, those are too "disposable". They also have wallpaper, fabric, chairs, curtains, light fixtures and even phones... and a lot of other decorative stuff from the hotels. It's neat if you have the cash.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by princessariel View Post
    These must be the linens they use in the deluxe hotels....I do NOT want the towels from the moderate or value ones....soooo scratchy and so thin
    kinda like the totie paper too, softness goes up with the quality of the resort. The Mickey Way

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Off topic - Doesn't really matter in this case since the place closed down but I like to post a review on TripAdvisor or Expedia when I stay in a hotel anywhere. It helps to read other traveller's reviews when you are trying to decide between different hotels.

I wasn't the one in charge of deciding where to go, nor did my opinion count. The person in charge wanted a cheap hotel that doesn't look that cheap. It looked decent on the outside and seemed big enough to do well, but I guess they didn't do enough research on it, oh well :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast