Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney's Night Kingdom? in the News & Rumors forums; Disney Considering Adult-Oriented Theme Park - Video - WFTV Orlando Whatcha think???...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

Disney's Night Kingdom?

Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Eh, there is plenty to do with the four parks, you gotta sleep sometime! I've never even been to Pleasure Island, so I doubt I'd even go to this Night "niche" park. Plus it's supposed to be more expensive? No thank you.

I guess I wouldn't be part of their target group anyway, it would be more popular with young adults I am guessing, and the locals of course. Maybe it would work with conventions or private parties.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would fit into the "young adult" category and I wouldn't go to a park like that. One being that that kind of entertainment does not appeal to me, which is why I haven't gone to Pleasure Island. Secondly, I don't think I would ever pay that much money to go to a park.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    I fit into the young adult category, I suppose I might go depending upon what the park actually had in it. However it would not be a park I would visit after a full day at other disney parks like tinker bell said you have to sleep somtime!

Ruddy

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    i don't know if I would like that.. I am the "young adult" category and I am not big into the Pleasure Island scene.. It wouldn't appeal to me.. and it would cost more... HECK NO!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    So if not the young adult crowd, who is their target group? Certainly not families....

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It sounds very limited, from what I've been hearing Pleasure Island isn't doing so well so I don't know why they would want to expand on that. I bet if they put their minds to it they can come up with a better idea then this, something for everyone. But again I say, put the money into the already existing parks.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I agree....let's make the existing parks bigger
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I sincerely hope that this doesn't go any further into the planning stages. I have no problem with them adding onto Pleasure Island or creating some other form of night time entertainment in DTD, but a new "Night Park" just doesn't seem like a good idea to me at all.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think that story is misleading. If they are comparing it to Discovery Cove that really has no correlation with Pleasure Island. Discovery Cove is unbelievable. If this park follows the same blueprint discovery cove did and adds Disney's magic touch then I can't wait. A lot of people have been complaining about the 200 to 250 price range that people are saying the price will have. I think it is important to keep in mind this isn't something to be done everyday but an experience that will be for special occasions. I think of it as the Victoria and Albert's of theme parks.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    I think that story is misleading. If they are comparing it to Discovery Cove that really has no correlation with Pleasure Island. Discovery Cove is unbelievable. If this park follows the same blueprint discovery cove did and adds Disney's magic touch then I can't wait. A lot of people have been complaining about the 200 to 250 price range that people are saying the price will have. I think it is important to keep in mind this isn't something to be done everyday but an experience that will be for special occasions. I think of it as the Victoria and Albert's of theme parks.
    Yeah this is a different "park" that many typical WDW guests actually want to see. However I have no clue if the idea has been put on hold for response or if the idea was scrapped or ay other of the mirad of other reasons a park is put on hold such as economy troubles, pressure by the Disneyana community or the bubble was busted by people like Jim Hill too soon. Anyway, if I am not mistaken, wasn't this topic talked about in another thread on this forum community?
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have been hearing a lot about Night Kingdom. I went to Discovery Cove in 2004. It was amazing! It is very expensive for a day, but it is probably an experience that you may only have once in your life. It is also very costly if you are taking a whole family and in my case I was just paying for myself. Discovery Cove also include a 7 day pass to Sea World, not that you need 7 days at Sea World. It also seems that Night Kingdom may have a lot more unique experiences than Discovery Cove. I think it will be interesting as we find out more over time.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I think I need some more info before I form an opinion. I do think there are a lot of existing attractions in the current parks that need TLC. Still, a new park could be cool (although if it's more expensive than the existing parks, I don't know that I could afford to visit it).

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Smack81 View Post
    I think I need some more info before I form an opinion. I do think there are a lot of existing attractions in the current parks that need TLC. Still, a new park could be cool (although if it's more expensive than the existing parks, I don't know that I could afford to visit it).
    Yeah but Disney has made theme parks during this before and will for sometime. We may see night Kingdom before Space Mountain will be finally refurbished.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

gigliowanananic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Mark my words: DOOMED TO FAILURE.
    "There is a face beneath this mask but it is not me. I am no more that face than I am the muscles beneath it or the bones beneath them"-
    V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast