Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Toy Story Mania Dates in the News & Rumors forums; Toy Story Mania is FANTASTIC! We rode it twice on Saturday and plan on riding again on Monday. The lines appeared to be a little long but the wait time ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Ride Details - Do Not Read if you don't want to hear about the ride.....

Toy Story Mania is FANTASTIC! We rode it twice on Saturday and plan on riding again on Monday. The lines appeared to be a little long but the wait time was much faster than expected plus there is plenty to look at in the que. They really did a GREAT job on this ride. We liked it much better than Buzz Lightyear! It was a whole lot of fun.

We felt bad for those in the single rider line as that line is the line that took almost 2 hours to get through. We spoke with one guest who was split up for her family because her son was to small according to the CM at the beginning of the line but then she saw lots of families with children riding that were smaller than her own. She was quite upset by the time she waited 2 hours in the singles line to ride.

The que is made up of lots of classic games, checkers, Chutes & Ladders, 2 really cool Viewmaster disk copies enlarged (one was original Peter Pan, the other was a original Disneyland), crayons, cards (Old Maid, Crazy 8's), a wooden glider plane, blocks, tinker toys, lincoln logs, children's drawings, and so many other things I know I am forgetting. Mr. Potato Head was the highlight of the cue. It is FANTASTIC. If you have heard the joke and yell out the answer he acknowledges you knew it and if not he gives you the answer. It is really funny!

The ride loading area looks like you are in Andy's room. I was really impressed with the detail they put into this, including listing all of the books available on the back of the old classic children's book in the corner of the room.

The ride itself was fun! You are spun around and don't always end up where you think you will. They had a couple of ride malfunctions when we rode. One ride already had the pull cord that shots your balls, darts, or rings broken. Our 2nd ride completely moved us past the first screen so we missed out on playing that twice. We told one of the CM's and imagineers about it at the end. The imagineers were all over the place listening for comments and trouble shoting problems. I don't really want to give much of the ride itself away but I can say let the pull cord go completely back into your shooter before pulling again or it won't shoot anything. But pull it very quickly to get the most shots fired for points. Aim for objects on the outskirts as they tended to pop up with the larger points on the second rounds. Some objects shoot back at you and blow air back onto you! It was fun! This game not only goes for the most points but also accuracy (this is where my husband thought he should win because he was more accurate where I blew his socks off in points ).

All I can say is I can't wait until morning to ride it again! (Oh wait....it is morning!!!! Only 7 hours and 45 more minutes to go!

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    wow, sounds like a blast. i hope they get those kinks worked out before i go tho
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    YAY it will be open when I go!!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ah see already my ONE concern about this one has come into play... the chord shooters. Just seems to me something that can broken or frayed etc. and would require a LOT of maintence as time went on.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Sounds great and I'm glad you had a good time! I am really looking forward to seeing this myself! It is a definite FP ride!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    That's interesting about the super long single rider wait time. Wonder why it was so bad. A note, the FastPass and Single Rider lines don't get to see Mr. Potato Head.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks for letting me know about not being able to see Mr. Potato Head from the FP line. I DEFINITELY want to see him!

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    It's now saying on WDWnews.com and allears.net that the offical grand opening isn't till May 31.. I hope I still get to ride it I'll be there May 28!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Here is a map of the attractions courtesy of WDW News Today:

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Ah see already my ONE concern about this one has come into play... the chord shooters. Just seems to me something that can broken or frayed etc. and would require a LOT of maintence as time went on.
    We saw one shooter covered up after a cord problem until the could get it replaced. One of my 9 ride throughs my cord had been pulled so hard previously it was stretched out so we turned that into them. Shortly after that on our 10th attempt to ride the ride went down for the rest of the day. They had ride problems at the end of our 9th ride where we were stuck just before getting back to the start. I sure would have liked to be stuck inside the ride to keep shooting for fun!

We did find that if you shot your shooter at the end at the closed curtain, when they show you your prizes, your shooter shots confetti on the screen!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Just a plug for Lou and his blog -
    Lou wrote of his experience riding TSM. Check it out for a his reaction and two great pics.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!

Grand opening is now May 31
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    We just added a quick long weekend trip next Friday till tuesday and I hope debbie and I will get to see it. WOO HOO
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Ok this may have been covered but I'm gonna ask anyway. Exactly where is TSMM located? I know its somewhere near Walt Disney: One mans Dream and Narnia. Did it replace the DHS Backlot tour?
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 05-21-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    TSM replaced Who Wants to Be A Millionaire: Play It!

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast