Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Rock 'N' Roll Beach Club Replacement in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: It seems we finally have confirmation of the new table-service restaurant to replace the former Rock ‘N’ Roll Beach Club at Pleasure Island, ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Lightbulb Rock 'N' Roll Beach Club Replacement

I got this from WDW News Today:

It seems we finally have confirmation of the new table-service restaurant to replace the former Rock ‘N’ Roll Beach Club at Pleasure Island, according to the Orlando Sentinel:
    E-Brands, the multi-concept Orlando based restaurant group, will launch its newest location and concept at Walt Disney World in 2009. The eatery will feature authentic Central and South American cuisine, specialty tequilas, premium wines and live music.

“We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to build upon our portfolio of 15 successful restaurants across the country — including such brands as Timpano and Samba Room — and our 25-year relationship with Walt Disney World Resort,” said Rashid Choufani, CEO/Owner of E-Brands Restaurants and operator of Epcot’s Morocco Pavilion. “We look forward to sharing our unique dining experience with Walt Disney World guests from around the globe.
    No name has been announced for the new waterside eatery, but I love the diverse elements the company is promising and who can lose with waterside dining and premium tequila!
    E-Brands Restaurants newest concept will come to life with a boldly colored hacienda-style interior featuring rustic beams that contrast against modern fixtures, stone floors and windows that open to create an open-air environment. The 5,000-square-foot, two-story facility will have a tequila bar and outdoor seating along Village Lake.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I wonder if it'll have a dance floor...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    That sounds like a really cool. I have two additional thoughts on this concept. 1) Sounds like they are trying to compete with Margaritaville 2) If they put a dance floor in it sounds like the might be competing against Bongo's and their Salsa dance floor.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Is it just me, or does nothing in that press release (other than the commentary by WDWNewsToday itself) say that it's going into the former Rock 'n Roll Beach Club?