Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Toy Story Mania ON RIDE VIDEO! in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: Exclusive: Toy Story Midway Mania Ride Video! Jose Eber was able to grab an on-ride video (Warning: its a little bit shaky, as ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Talking Toy Story Mania ON RIDE VIDEO!

I got this from WDW News Today:

Exclusive: Toy Story Midway Mania Ride Video!

Jose Eber was able to grab an on-ride video (Warning: its a little bit shaky, as is expected with a ride of this nature containg spinning vehicles and 3-D effects) just before Toy Story Mania closed down for the day. Included is video of the queue, handicapped load area, and a special surprise at the end. A special thanks to the cast who allowed this to be filmed. Enjoy!!!

YouTube - Toy Story Midway Mania Onride Video
    I can't wait to see this!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I'm just curious - are the guns mounted on the car like on MK's Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin?

I was hoping they'd be like the guns in DL that you can pick up and move around.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Looks cool. Thanks for the post. The mens room looks...eh good?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Toy Story Mania is definetely a great attraction that will going a long way into sparking much-needed new life into the Studios park.

And the Mr. Potato Head AA figure in the queue is incredible.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I am eager to see this, but I'm fighting the temptation to view ride-through videos till after I see if for myself. I don't want to ruin any surprises.
    Last edited by mini-V; 05-03-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree, I'll be there in 97 days... that's 97 days worth of fighting the urge to click that link. :-)

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Ok, I guess I'm the oddball here and I don't think this is really all that exciting. I do like the toy theme all over the place, but it just isn't screaming "instant classic" for me for some reason. Maybe it's because of the kinda scattered queue in a large room, or maybe it's the guns mounted to the car with a pull string, or maybe it's the fact that all the action is on screens? But I'm going to have to say I'm more excited about the Simpson's Ride opening up rather than this. Lemme leave the room before people grab tomatoes

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    don't feel bad pygmy. it's a mixed bag for me. I like the concept, but the fact that it does occur all on screens does take away some of the excitement, personally. I'll still go on it and who knows, it may become one of my favorites. I'll try and stay away from the ride throughs for now so as not to ruin the experience either.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Just so you all know that I didn't watch the entire video (no lie) I just skipped around and watched a few secinds here and there, I'll save the rest of it til I go to see it for myself. I did however watch the end to see the special surprise at the end as stated above. I thought it was kinda funny and random.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJamesUT View Post
    ...but the fact that it does occur all on screens does take away some of the excitement, personally.
    I disagree with that.

Just because things occur on screens doesn't make an attraction any less exciting. Some attractions work better taking place on screens than utilizing AA figures anyway.

And using screens in an attraction is not something new anyway. They've made attractions with screens on a regular basis since the early days. If You Had Wings, for example, had all screens and no AA's, but it was still a great ride.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    I disagree with that.

Just because things occur on screens doesn't make an attraction any less exciting. Some attractions work better taking place on screens than utilizing AA figures anyway.

And using screens in an attraction is not something new anyway. They've made attractions with screens on a regular basis since the early days. If You Had Wings, for example, had all screens and no AA's, but it was still a great ride.
    Has anyone been on Spiderman over at IOA before? I'm sure people will be trying to compare it to spidey because it's similar in nature with moving cars and 3D screens and such, but I believe Spidey pulled it off far better than TSM because of they have a nice mix of 3D, set and special effects. There are no AA's in there at all because most of the action takes place on the screens, but they flow together quite nicely. With TSM, it looks like you're just going from screen, to screen, to screen, and shooting, which is ok, but does seem a bit repetitive because the layout for each 'station' is basically the same. Also, what really kinda ruins the whole experience was how open it seems like, and you can clearly see what looks like the rest of the ride whenever you're moving between stations. I know there wasn't that much space for this attraction and was better off using the screens, but I think they could have pulled it off better by having 2 different tracks instead of 2 cars that travel together, there could be a couple stations where both cars are together and others where they're seperate, change it up a little bit. I was thinking this could have been an awsome omnimover style ride with nothing but 3D screens all around.

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    I disagree with that.

I agree with that, but going back to what pygmy just said; If you had wings and El Rio Del Tiempo had the sets surrounding the screen to draw you in to the realism. I won't make any judgements on it until I see it. I still think it will be one of my favorites at DHS (video game junkie).
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    after watching that i feel that the ride was all hyped up. while it is pretty cool i think that the most exciting part of this will be the queue and potato head AA
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Cool!

I can't wait to ride it!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney