Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New "Thing" Outside MuppetVision in the News & Rumors forums; So Wednesday as we were leaving Lights, Motors, Action! we passed by a new addition to the area around MuppetVision. The guys were just taking off the wrapping for it ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question New "Thing" Outside MuppetVision

So Wednesday as we were leaving Lights, Motors, Action! we passed by a new addition to the area around MuppetVision. The guys were just taking off the wrapping for it and painting the "theming" on the wall below. I know what it says it is but anyone know if it is actually going to do anything?

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    That's so cute.
    Is it a Wall-E thing?
    Dreams Really Do Come True

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Probably not, it's Fonzie (one of the Muppet's), at least that's what it looks like. So I would imagine it's going going to be something for the ride. It seems like it would be a strech to tie Wall-E to them...but I could be wrong lol

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Wow, I so did not see Fonzie in that until you pointed it out!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I would bet with a sign like that, it's going to do something. Not to mention the horn thing that looks perfect for shooting something out. (Water? fog?)
    Reminds me of the "Don't pull the rope" outside Indiana Jones.

Can you describe exactly where this was? Is it near the entrance to Muppets 3D or somewhere else in the vicinity?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy87 View Post
    Probably not, it's Fonzie (one of the Muppet's), at least that's what it looks like. So I would imagine it's going going to be something for the ride. It seems like it would be a strech to tie Wall-E to them...but I could be wrong lol
    I think you mean Fozzie? as in Fozzie Bear? Fonzie's the leather jacket guy from Happy Days, unless I'm forgetting a really obscure Muppet.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    It was located sort of behind the MuppetVision building. If you exit LMA and walk past the Streets of America and head toward MuppetVision you see it. You'll notice to the right of it is the back of the end scene of SoA (end of the road).

I also was fairly sure it was Muppet related because it looks an awful lot like Fozzie but it's unusual to see them add something like this out of nowhere. I wasn't sure if maybe there was a related change to the movie or something.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Kymie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have read on another board that it might just be theming to cover up the machine that makes it snow at Christmas?

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    lol yes I'm sorry that's what i meant

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    It's nice to have our very own "reporter on the scene" updating us with the most recent changes. Thanks for the pics. It will be interesting to see what this actually turns out to be.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We just came back from WDW and I noticed this also on Wednesday. It was located near the back of the building in the que line. We haven't had to que up for a few years, so I thought it was just something that I had been missing. It is a pretty cool looking contraption that looks similar to the contraption used in the muppet labs for making the 3D effect. I wish I had taken pictures of it now
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

Babby58 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    If you translate the sign, it says "effects generator"- my guess is it's going to do something!!
    Piglet Rules!!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I thnik the others may be right, it may do something- water, noise, lights something to catch kids eyes maybe? Looks like fun whatever it is, maybe it will al tie together for themeing.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.