Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Pixar Place Already has Imagineers Thinking Ahead in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: With Toy Story Mania now operating, bigger plans for the entire Pixar Place area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios are firming up. Imagineering is ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Lightbulb Pixar Place Already has Imagineers Thinking Ahead

I got this from WDW News Today:

With Toy Story Mania now operating, bigger plans for the entire Pixar Place area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios are firming up. Imagineering is already beginning to work on upgrades for Toy Story Mania, with holiday version of the ride planned to debut in 2009 and an updated Toy Story 3 inspired version around 2010 or 2011.

Across the street, the new shop, small-scale food service area, and the ”top secret” Toy Story meet and greet spot are all nearing completion. According to Disney, the waiting area for the meet and greet will feature something they “have never done before”, to quote an Imagineer. Also slated to debut on the street, around the same time in June as the other Pixar Place offerings, is the Wall-E interactive living character animatronic. Plans are to have the “living” character roam the street now through January 2009, where he will be put away until work is completed on the second phase of the Pixar Place project.

Already rumored for the next phase of the project is an interactive Pixar animation making attraction to fill in soundstage 1 and a smaller-scale version of the Car’s inspired Radiator Springs Racers attraction debuting Disney’s at California Adventure park in a few years, replacing the Studio Backlot Tour. By the end of the project, Pixar Place will extend from the Narnia exhibit to New York Street, wrapping around the northeast end of the Great Movie Ride.

Other minor changes include some minor theme changes, including changing the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Movie Set into a set from ”It’s Tough To Be a Bug”, changing the Backlot Caterers food location into a Monsters Inc. or Ratatouille themed eatery, and changing the theme of the small store that used to be “The Loony Bin” to a Monsters Inc. themed shop.

While most of these points are still completely rumor, many of these plans should eventually be executed. The current plan has the final pieces of Pixar Place (the Cars E-Ticket attraction) being put into place by 2013, with the minor pieces all completed by 2011. Be sure to stay tuned to WDW News Today as more info on Pixar Place progress becomes available.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Other than maybe the "Cars" ride, all of this is pretty easy for them to do, and would make sense thematically to the area (if not exactly to the "Studios"). "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" play area could be rethemed as easily as changing the signs, although it would be great if they could do some more to it. The Backlot Caterers could become an outdoor French Café with a little decor - or a "Cafeteria" at Monsters, Inc's headquarters. It's a very plain area as it stands.

They've already opened the Monsters, Inc. Meet & Greet area right next to that little shop mentioned, so it wouldn't take much to connect the two.

Trying to picture it in my head but that area of the park always confuses me.... where is the Al's Toy Barn backdrop in relation to Pixar Place? I caught a note in the Mouse Planet construction updates about adding a Cars backdrop of some kind (for meet & greets?) there: "Disney's Hollywood Studios Al's Toy Barn – Design and install new sign reinforcement and base structure for Cars Character Backdrop."

Can't wait to see the Wall-E character!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I can't wait to see Wall-E in November!!!! I love him lol. I hope they make Wall-E toys because I totally want one!! I can't wait to see Toy Story Mania in Nov. either! WAA HOO!! lol
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I actually think these are good ideas! So I hope it all works out.

pitmansparky is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This going to a great area for the kids at DHS. Mine can't wait to do Toy Story Mania in december!
    Matt (pitmansparky)

We're gonna cruise the dream!

Why can't WDW be closer to Canada?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    So what could make the Toy Story Meet and Greet area outstanding and something never done before? Chairs to sit on while you wait your turn? A place to rest your camera so your image is straight on instead of on an angle? A/C? A special line for adults without kids so little kids don't cut infront of you thinking that you really aren't in line? I guess my wish list is not exactly based on Imagineering magic.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think that whole area is basically a big breath of fresh air for a park that sorely needed it. MGM (now DHS) used to be one of my favorite parks, but over the last 10 years is seems like subtraction (animation, backlot tour) has been the story of the park. Now it looks like they are turning there focus back on the area and it will def. be good for the park. Toy story mania is an amazing attraction that simple just doesn't get old. I cant wait to see what they do next with that area.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    DHS is at the bottom of my list for parks. I am not a thrill rider, so I don't ride Rock n' Roller Coaster or HTOT. These new addtions will be a breath of fresh air for me.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    See, this is what happens when you make John Lasseter the Principal Creative Advisor for Walt Disney Imagineering! I'm a huge Pixar fan, so it all sounds great to me!

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I figure that the Backlot Tour is on the endangered species list. I hope they use it for things other than a huge Pixar Place. I hope they expand the NY area, rename it the Theatre District
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I figure that the Backlot Tour is on the endangered species list. I hope they use it for things other than a huge Pixar Place. I hope they expand the NY area, rename it the Theatre District
    That sounds better than a cars themed Test Track

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    all these ideas sound great! i am very excited! the changes will be good for DHS and bring a lot more people that dont always enjoy thrill rides.... however i do miss the old magic of disney animation! i loved walking around watching the animators as it is a hobby of mine as well but i guess beggers cant be choosers!
    Last edited by Mickey's#1Fan; 06-16-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I hope they expand the NY area, rename it the Theatre District

i second that! i was hoping that they would make it more like broadway and have a stage show in the NY area like way back in the day when they had the Hunchback!!.... As for remodeling Honey I Shrunk the Kids i am quite excited my brother and I have talked about that for years maybe someone heard our cry and caught on lol!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

WDW

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    I saw a little backstage the other day and I saw a big Buzz Lightyear Spacecraft backstage. Makes me wonder.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

i asked this question under the hey howdy hey eatery thread bc it was getting a liitle of topic but i think my question would be better of here... has anyone heard anything about the possibility of the Monsters Inc ride that is in DL making its way to DHS??
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC

WDW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast