Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss BREAKING NEWS: PI Goes Bye Bye in the News & Rumors forums; Good riddance!...
    Good riddance!

Maleficent25 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Geez, I really do hope they don't get rid of the Adventurer's Club. My dad took me there when I was younger, during the child approriate times. It was so much fun and as an adult it was even better.

I was never really a fan of having people hand out Jello Shots in front of the main stage, but honestly..it is not just families that go to Disney World. Many couples honeymoon there and many parents find alone time there after a day with the kids.

Though, I look forward to seeing what they are going to put in its place.
    Well, quite a glittering assemblage King Stefan. Royalty, nobility, the gentry, and...oh, how quaint - even the rabble.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've read about various problems over at PI with situations getting way out of hand and people not acting very Disney like. I think it's just as well they get rid of PI, and put more family friendly stuff. I'm sure it was becoming more of a liability for them. When you really think about it, would Walt ever wanted this to begin with. As far as the Adventurers CLub goes I think it would be a great idea to move this over to the Boardwalk where the Atlantic Dance Hall is. JUst a thought!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    I've read about various problems over at PI with situations getting way out of hand and people not acting very Disney like. I think it's just as well they get rid of PI, and put more family friendly stuff. I'm sure it was becoming more of a liability for them. When you really think about it, would Walt ever wanted this to begin with. As far as the Adventurers CLub goes I think it would be a great idea to move this over to the Boardwalk where the Atlantic Dance Hall is. JUst a thought!
    I'm sure Walt wouldn't have wanted night clubs, and I do agree that Disney shouldn't have added them in the first place, but out of that area, came the Adventurer's Club which has got to be the most family friendly night club ever. I'm sure they could even tweak the existing night clubs to make them more family friendly so that way they'd bring in more, such as have 'family or teen nights' where the clubs go dry so things don't get so out of hand. Going back to what you said about Walt not wanting this, I'm also sure Walt didn't want to have more overpriced shops and resteraunts taking over an area that's already doing well as it is.

Keep in mind about the rumored "Night Kingdom" and that the Adventurer's Club was going to be it's main entrance, so it might come back, but I'm not sure if it's going to be the same.

Trixie19 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Why are we complaining and not writing to Disney???? There are thousands of us on here

Executive Offices
    Walt Disney World Resort
    Post Office Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There is nothing anyone can do. I don't really care about the night clubs but the comedy club and adventurers club don't seem to bad. I am looking forward to what disney plans to do with this area. I know it will be cool but from what I hear the Adventurers club was awesome and it will be missed.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie19 View Post
    Why are we complaining and not writing to Disney???? There are thousands of us on here

Executive Offices
    Walt Disney World Resort
    Post Office Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
    Bob Iger
    Walt Disney Company
    5005 Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-0001

Let them know those "families" may have spoken out, but now it's time for those who care for Pleasure Island to be heard. Who did they ask? Where did they get these requests? Did they go to the clubs and ask those guests? Attendance for PI was at a record breaking high this year, so who exactly wants the restaurants and shopping? Also, if they do decide to get rid of PI, they've just helped out Universal's City Walk majorly, let them know that they'll be helping their competition out and they might think twice about removing PI. If the do have to remove PI because of the 'nightlife,' why couldn't they at least save The Adventurer's Club and possibly the Comedy Warehouse?

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    You have just spoken what Disney is thinking (I think). I believe they want the Boardwalk to become more popular and I would not be surprised to see some of these clubs resurface there. I do hope they keep The Comedy Warehouse at DTD and make it more of a family club for laughs. Although not in the comedic form as Monsters Comedy Floor. Maybe more along for teens and up.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm glad PI is going the way of the do-do. Frankly, I was surprised Disney would ever offer such entertainment in the first place. And to respond to other posts, Disney is for everyone: families, singles and couples. A person or couple doesn't need to drink alcohol to find a way to relax. Let the clubs outside Disney handle that stuff. Disney has so much more to offer when it comes to relaxation.

I eagerly look forward to seeing what will be new at DTD. This should help to allow more people (families, singles and couples) to enjoy some of the Disney magic outside the parks.

Now if Disney could do something about the parking ...

It took me 30 minutes to find a spot when I was down in March -- UGH!!
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    A person or couple doesn't need to drink alcohol to find a way to relax. Let the clubs outside Disney handle that stuff. Disney has so much more to offer when it comes to relaxation.
    PI was the only thing open in Disney past 11pm beside special events, and some of us are night owls without kids. I agree that Disney has a lot to offer, but going to PI a couple nights was always something I looked forward to. And honestly, people don't go to PI just to drink (you can do that anywhere in Disney, including the parks), they go to have a good time.

It's a real shame they're closing this down. Here's hoping there is some truth to the long-standing "Night Kingdom" rumor.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    I'm glad PI is going the way of the do-do. Frankly, I was surprised Disney would ever offer such entertainment in the first place. And to respond to other posts, Disney is for everyone: families, singles and couples. A person or couple doesn't need to drink alcohol to find a way to relax. UGH!!
    Sounds like you are stereotyping those that go to PI as drinkers. Just for your information I normally don't drink when I am there but I still have a lot of fun at the clubs, especially at my two favorite clubs I mentioned before. Please don't put everyone into one category as alcoholics just because they enjoy a couple of drinks or no drinks at all. It is our choice over the age of 21 to choose whether or not we drink alcoholic beverages, the decision doesn't need to be made for us.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Sounds like you are stereotyping those that go to PI as drinkers.
    Not a stereotype at all. It's a statement of obvious fact. Part of going to a club is to drink. Can you honestly say that most or even half of those who go to clubs at PI (or elsewhere for that matter) don't drink? You may choose not to drink (and a wise choice that is) while you are at a club, but I'm afraid you are part of a very small minority. We all have heard of stories where things got out of hand at PI after some guests had too much to drink.

I agree it's unfortunate that the Adventurer's Club is going away, for now. It could return one day -- maybe as part of Night Kingdom. As for the rest of PI, I sure won't miss it.

Frankly, Disney probably had to get PI under control before something too bad happened. Bars have been sued before because they served someone too much and that person went out and killed another person because of DUI. PI could have been seen as too great of a legal liability. Who knows.

If this is the case (again this is only speculation) I wonder what's in store for Jellyrolls and other clubs at the resorts? Could PI just be the first wave?

D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Please don't put everyone into one category as alcoholics just because they enjoy a couple of drinks or no drinks at all.
    Who said anything about alcoholics? I just said there are better ways to relax than with alcohol - in no way do I suggest that EVERYONE who drinks is an alcoholic. If you choose to drink, please help yourself. I just think Downtown Disney isn't the best place for a club. Raglan Road still has a nice bar.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Bob Iger
    Walt Disney Company
    5005 Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-0001

Let them know those "families" may have spoken out, but now it's time for those who care for Pleasure Island to be heard. Who did they ask? Where did they get these requests? Did they go to the clubs and ask those guests? Attendance for PI was at a record breaking high this year, so who exactly wants the restaurants and shopping? Also, if they do decide to get rid of PI, they've just helped out Universal's City Walk majorly, let them know that they'll be helping their competition out and they might think twice about removing PI. If the do have to remove PI because of the 'nightlife,' why couldn't they at least save The Adventurer's Club and possibly the Comedy Warehouse?
    Thank you for the information. I hope this gets out there to those of us who love a couple of places as it seems only those selected have families according to the news article.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    i thought this was about the number pi. dont judge me, its really late...
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast