Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Kungaloosh! The Final Hoopla in the News & Rumors forums; ...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Kungaloosh! The Final Hoopla

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    How did I know that it was only a matter of time before you posted something like this?!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    i think this will be entertaining...
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    If someone else didn't start it, I was going to. I can't promise I'm going to be able to be there for the final Hoopla ("Hoopla!"), but I am certainly behind the effort 100%.

I've only been to AC twice, but the times were great and the memories fantastic. I can't even begin to express how upset I am at this news.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

I've designed a shirt for the event which can be bought here: Kungaloosh! The Final Hoopla : CafePress.com
    (Note: This isn't the same shirt design as offered in the bulletin I've posted above)

meowmarie is offline A-Ticket holder
    There is still time! Help try and save the Adventurers Club, they could at least move it instead of shutting it down!

Sign our petition and write letters at kungaloosh.org!

Kungaloosh!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Anybody have video of this experience that they wish to share for those of us who have not been there?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

meowmarie is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Anybody have video of this experience that they wish to share for those of us who have not been there?
    It's really hard to capture the essence of the show on video because it's all about the whole night. They mingle with you, you're changing rooms, things are sometimes happening around you. But there is a cute song that "Emil" does on You Tube search for email song future soon and it should come up. Sorry, I can't post links lol.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by meowmarie View Post
    There is still time! Help try and save the Adventurers Club, they could at least move it instead of shutting it down!

Sign our petition and write letters at kungaloosh.org!

Kungaloosh!
    I have just signed the petition and I'm hand writing letters to all the contacts listed on the site. I hope more people do the same!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Wish I could go to the "party" Albino, but I promise I'll be there in spirit. I back this effort 1000%!!

Adventurer's Club Update, posted on another forum:

I just got a call from the "Disney Executive Offices" regarding the AC

Well, the title pretty much says it all.

I just got a call from someone within the "Disney Executive Offices". I sent a couple e-mails regarding the AC, and being unhappy with its closure. I tried to be constructive and overall positive, and at the end I put my phone number and told them to feel free to call should they feel the need.

ANYWAY... He started with the canned response. "This came after much research... Customer surveys... Shopping and dining... Blah blah blah."

So then I kinda interrupted him, and said something about how the AC was a concept unique to Disney, and something that you don't see anywhere else, and that I couldn't be one of only a few to complain... There had to be many more like me. Then he seemed to break from the script a bit. He said that I wasn't alone at all, and that they've gotten "many many more letters and e-mails than they had anticipated" regarding the AC closure. I told him that I didn't really care about the rest of PI, my concern was for the AC alone, and asked him if that was the consensus of the other letters as well, and he said it was. He said there were few complaints about removal of PI as a whole.

Then he said that the "executives" were well aware of the response this decision about the AC has brought. Then he said something at least a LITTLE interesting... He said that "at this time, this is the decision that has been made", and that "should there be any changes to the closure, it will be announced in the future".

Then at the end of the conversation I said that if the AC did have to close, I would hope that they could impliment a similar idea somewhere on property and he said he would note that.

So there you have it. There was more to the conversation than that, but I won't bore you with all the details. I've listed the juicy bits.

I really still don't believe that anything will change... But it's obvious that the letters and e-mails are at LEAST causing them more work, which is a good thing... And it's obvious it's at least on their radar.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

KUNGALOOSH!

Another message from the Save AC Club:

Subject: Add Phone Calls to the List

Today, I was given the personal voicemail numbers for Barry Carlson and DTD VP Kevin Lansberry from a guest who found their numbers in the TeleCast dropped carelessly at Downtown Disney.

I took this opportunity to call and leave a voicemail for both today and hope you will consider doing so as well; remember, be thoughtful, sincere and always let your conscience be your guide.

Also, be brief! The shorter the calls--the more we will fit on their voicemail before "voicemail is full."

-------------------

Barry Carlson, General Manager of Operations at DTD'S
    Personal Voicemail: 407-934-6688

Kevin Lansberry Vice President of DTD: 407-828-4591

---------------

HERE IS WHAT TO SAY:

"Hello (Barry or Kevin),

My name is (Your Name Here) and I am a patron of Pleasure Island/The Adventurers Club. I was calling to let you know while we appreciate the Disney Company's concern for building a better guest experience, I hope you will respectively re-consider the plans to close this Downtown Disney attraction.

I am considering taking my business outside of Disney if this plan goes through.

Thanks!"

dolce20 is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy The final Kungaloosh?! Really???

Okay, so we've all been hearing about it for the longest time. The rumors may now become reality. But I always heard that while Disney execs were planning to close all the clubs, that they were seriously intending on saving/keeping the Comedy Warehouse and my beloved Adventurer's Club due to their overwhelming popularity.

Could there be any shred of truth to this possibility? Somebody make me feel better about this. The "good" news is that at least I will be in WDW the night of the final Kungaloosh. See you all on the 27th where I will share with any drunk ear who will listen - all my wonderful years of memories at this place.

And let me just say with heartfelt emotion once again - Kungaloosh. I'll always be an "Adventurer". And just in case you see me there and want to buy me a drink - tea, perhaps. No thanks, I'll have a beer.
    Jamie

33 years old...35 times to WDW...and counting..!

"We're really bad eggs, drink up me 'earties YO HO!"
    "Veggie veggie fruit fruit - cha cha cha!"
    "Kungaloosh!"

I'll be there that weekend but the 27th is the Everest Challenge and after party so that's where I'll be. But I am hoping to get there either the 25th or 26th.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

dolce20 is offline A-Ticket holder

I wrote to Disney!

Here's an e-mail I just wrote to one of the bigwigs at Downtown Disney...hopefully he'll open it. Wishful thinking?

Dear Mr. Lansberry:

My father, as a young man, went to Disney World at the grand opening in 1971. Right there and then, he knew that when he had kids, he would start a family tradition of going there every year. He kept that promise and sure enough, I've been to Disney World 35 times! I'm a huge Disney World enthusiast and in my whole life, I've never written to someone in a respectable position such as yours.

For the past 19 years, from the time I was 14 up until now, the Adventurer's Club has been a huge part of my vacation fun! As a lifelong fan and customer of Walt Disney World, I understand that change is good. It was part of Mr. Disney's viewpoint to keep up with the times. What I do not understand is the need to close ALL the clubs in Pleasure Island. Adventurer's Club has legions of fans out there besides me and from a business standpoint, it's a huge draw each and every night! This club, along with the Comedy Warehouse, could serve as continuous moneymakers for the Disney company. While 8-Trax and similar "dance" clubs may not be part of your new vision, AC and CW clubs are uniquely "Disney". It would provide alternative entertainment in a sea of new restaurants and shops.

Change is good, but not all change. It has to be the right change. Couldn't you consider having the best of both worlds - making way for new things while keeping those nostalgic places that survive the trends of time and make fans happy.

If you want to know how your guests really feel, I know so many of them feel the way I do. Just look online at all of the support groups for the Adventurer's Club. People understand closings. Mr. Toad and River Country had fans but it was their time to go. Please know that there is nobody I know that is ready to let go of their Kungaloosh drink. Please keep it going!

Thank you for your attention.
    Best Regards,

Jamie Egan (a very devoted guest)
    dolce20@aol.com
    Jamie

33 years old...35 times to WDW...and counting..!

"We're really bad eggs, drink up me 'earties YO HO!"
    "Veggie veggie fruit fruit - cha cha cha!"
    "Kungaloosh!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast