Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Character Dining Changes in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: Some interesting rumors about dining changes to Walt Disney World are making the rounds this weekend, claiming that the Magic Kingdom’s Liberty Tree ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Question Character Dining Changes

I got this from WDW News Today:

Some interesting rumors about dining changes to Walt Disney World are making the rounds this weekend, claiming that the Magic Kingdom’s Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant will be removing its character dinner as an option in January 2009 and that Epcot’s Garden Grill Restaurant inside The Land pavilion will remove the lunch option and only offer a character dinner starting this October. While we can-not deny or verify these rumors at this time, we will keep you informed on the subject as information becomes available.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I can verify the lunch change for Garden Grill. I tried to make ADRs for lunch and was told of this change. So we will be having dinner there instead of lunch. Just a tiny change for us but interesting nonetheless.

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yes, interesting changes indeed.

So, Liberty Tree Tavern will still offer dinner it just won't be a character meal? Right?
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hmmm. Seems like a waste of a great restaurant to only offer dinner. That's prime real estate.

-- edit ---
    Sorry, talking about Garden Grill.
    Last edited by clion; 06-28-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: clarify
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    Hmmm. Seems like a waste of a great restaurant to only offer dinner. That's prime real estate.

-- edit ---
    Sorry, talking about Garden Grill.
    That's what I was thinking. Soarin' is SO busy and the line is always long at Garden Grill for lunch. But I don't make the rules.

unc23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I really think they should ADD CM not subtract them.
    The #1 Weekly Newsletter for Disney Information. Make sure to sign up to receive our weekly Disney newsletter:

http://wdwnewsletter.com

pitmansparky is offline B-Ticket Holder
    whew, my daughter's 4th birthday is at liberty tree in December. I guess that's the first and last time for that meal! I'm not sure why they would take away CM's it's already hard to book them
    Matt (pitmansparky)

We're gonna cruise the dream!

Why can't WDW be closer to Canada?

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Maybe they will realize their mistake and make it different characters?!
    That would be fun.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

CaribbeanMouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    Gaaaaah! >.< Oh, that makes me so mad...well, not mad, disappointed, maybe? Liberty Tree was an .awesome. deal on the dining plan, and my family and I LOVED the food.
    The irony about this is that my best friend and I were JUST talking about how Disney was going to realize we liked to food way too much and take it off the DP...lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Somehow I can't believe there are many heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage and Constancy, and the greatest is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all over, implicitly and unquestioningly."

--- Walt Disney

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Bummer! I'm with whoever said that they should be adding character meals, not taking them away.

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Garden Grill will not longer have lunch beginning Oct 6, 2008. It will continue to have dinner.

Liberty Tree Tavern will no longer have Character dining beginning Monday 01/05/2009,
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We are planing on eating lunch at the Garden Grill in November and we made our reservations for it already, they didn't say anything about them not haveing a lunch! I'll have to call disney to ask them about this change. Good thing we still have tuesday meal free so maybe if this is true we could change our lunch to a dinner there and have a lunch somewhere else.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BethD View Post
    The Garden Grill will not longer have lunch beginning Oct 6, 2008. It will continue to have dinner.

Liberty Tree Tavern will no longer have Character dining beginning Monday 01/05/2009,
    From what I hear the food at Liberty Tree isn't that good and the character meal aspect was the selling point. Is it even worth eating there without the characters? I could see it being worth while on Thanksgiving maybe.
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 07-01-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Nooooo!!! We always do lunch at the GG on our "Epcot" day. How sad!! It is a LOT of food though... a better fit for dinner.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

It just hit me. When we made our LTT reservations, they did mention that it was no longer a character meal. Maybe they want people to move through there faster. Way for me to think quickly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast