Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss WDW Trying to Crack Down on FP Selling in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from Mouse Extra: There is a great article on the Orlando Sentinel’s website by Scott Powers that is really worth a read. He covers the whole “expired ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

WDW Trying to Crack Down on FP Selling

I got this from Mouse Extra:

There is a great article on the Orlando Sentinel’s website by Scott Powers that is really worth a read. He covers the whole “expired FastPasses” market that has popped up on the internet, a question I hear asked a lot by Disney World guests.
    On most days, eBay features more than two dozen separate FastPass auctions, some for dozens of tickets. Some claim to offer VIP FastPasses good anywhere, anytime. Requested bid prices start at less than a dollar but can run into the hundreds of dollars.
    Besides the people selling their old tickets online, there are also reportedly counterfeiters selling fake FastPass tickets out there as well, making the problem a growing concern for guests. Even though Disney seems to wash its hands somewhat at this, don’t gloss over the fact that they too bare some responsibility in this. But I think they really are not all that concerned, despite what they say.

This is one of those things I just don’t get. The one and only problem, the one thing that can stop all of this from happening, is if cast members actually check the dates on the tickets. How hard can this be? If Disney really and truly wanted to stop these tickets from being sold, they can make them worthless to begin with. But everyone knows they don’t look at the tickets much and you can often get away with handing over an expired one.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I didn't realize there was such a demand for FP tickets...

If the issue is that the CMs don't check the tickets, why not just go up to the FP machines, get tickets, then try to go right on the ride?

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
    I didn't realize there was such a demand for FP tickets...

If the issue is that the CMs don't check the tickets, why not just go up to the FP machines, get tickets, then try to go right on the ride?
    CMs DO check the tickets, they will always check the TIME, but not often the DATE of the ticket.

I think it's rather stupid to try to sell used FPs for one attraction in general, I think they were probably trying to sell re-admission tickets usually handed out when a ride breaks down which is to be used as a FP for any attraction, which means is a more valueable ticket than just a FP to Jungle Cruise, for example. Plus, the expiration date of those tickets aren't the day you recieved them, they're good for about a month before they expire.