Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Some BEARY Good News... in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: After a few years of neglect, the Country Bear Jamboree attraction at the Magic Kingdom will be receiving some substantial updates during a ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Thumbs up Some BEARY Good News...

I got this from WDW News Today:

After a few years of neglect, the Country Bear Jamboree attraction at the Magic Kingdom will be receiving some substantial updates during a planned refurbishment to take place between September 28 and October 31, 2008. Among the upgrades coming to the attraction, is an entirely new audio sound system that should make fans of the attraction quite happy, seeing as though the audio quality for the show has been pretty bad in recent memory.

We can also expect some other general maintenance to occur throughout the attraction, but don’t expect any major changes during this time. We also should expect this to bring back the Country Bear Christmas show, at least not this year.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Pirate_Princess is offline A-Ticket holder
    All I can say is.... THANK GOODNESS! This poor attraction has needed some help for a long time. Any time I go to it, I tell my friends to sit near the front, so that they can hear the audio, because you can't hear it in the back of the theatre. Plus, some of the AAAs need a bit of help. It's almost as bad as the Possume Park scene in A Goofy Movie. (Yes, I know the scene is a bit of a jab at the bears.)
    Princess Jen (AKA: Pirate Princess)
    Dead men tell no tales.
    Remember, all you need to do is just BELIEVE!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I totally agree. It desperately needed some good 'ole TLC. I'm happy that Disney FINALLY realized that.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    This is great news. We could really use some new AA's and even songs in this old attraction. Considering that it's the only one of it's kind left, it should get some TLC.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I love this attraction!

Kymie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My 4yr old finally got to see the film yesterday (and made us watch it 3 times straight!!), so she will love going to see the show on our next trip!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I agree - the bears are starting to show their age and are in need of a bit of tlc.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
    This is great news. We could really use some new AA's and even songs in this old attraction. Considering that it's the only one of it's kind left, it should get some TLC.
    I agree. And it's about time they announced a full refurbishment for the Bear Jamboree.

A little nitpick: WDW's CBJ is technically not the only one of its kind left: our beloved bear band is still going strong at Tokyo Disneyland, as well as at WDW.

Nemoxoxo is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i agree also. they def. needed to do some repairs there pronto. besides, the bears deserve it!!!!

trips:
    1995-june;polynesian 5 days
    '96-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '97-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '98-june;wilderness lodge 7 days
    '99-june;dixie landing 5 days
    '00-june;wilderness 8 days
    '01-june;wilderness 8 days-/christmas; polynesian 7 days
    '02-june; polynesian 6 days-/november; polynesian 4 days,
    '03-june;Yahct Club 9 days
    '04-june;Beach Club 9 days
    '05-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '06-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '07-june;off site 2 days
    '08-june;wilderness campground 9 days
    '09-june;wilderness campground 9days
    '10-january;off site 4 days--(for 5k Race)
    '11-Sept 8-13 w/ boyfriend

WDW Excited is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is great news! I used to work at the Country Bear Jamboree (as well as TSI), and I'm happy to hear my bears will get a little TLBC (tender lovin' bear care) . It's such a fun show!

From Screamscape:

While last week I had heard that the massive rehab to Country Bears would not be bringing back the Christmas Special show, today we’ve heard from another insider who claims that the word going around is that we will see the Christmas show return this year after all. More on this as we find out.

Kraken is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is truly great news! I love the original show. If it gets the sort of attention that Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Spaceship Earth have received, I won't be alone citing this as my favorite attraction! It's all about those great songs...

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I am super duper happy to hear this! On our last trip we filmed the show because I had feared, in it's current unkept condition, it was going to be closing and it was the last time we'd catch it. I'm so happy to hear that's not the case. It's such a wonderful classic. I wonder if beyond fixing it up they'll do any minor changes (i.e. recorded audio?). I know in the past there was a lot of controversy over "Blood on the Saddle" so I also wonder if it's time is at an end.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I know in the past there was a lot of controversy over "Blood on the Saddle" so I also wonder if it's time is at an end.
    they better not take it out. thats always my favorite part. big deal, its a song about getting shot. i didnt even know what he was saying when i was a kid anyways
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I know in the past there was a lot of controversy over "Blood on the Saddle" so I also wonder if it's time is at an end.
    Sorry, but I just can't see that happening.