Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss FW Cabins Now Moderate Resort Option in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort are now being listed as a Moderate resort option on the official Walt Disney World Resort ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Exclamation FW Cabins Now Moderate Resort Option

I got this from WDW News Today:

The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort are now being listed as a Moderate resort option on the official Walt Disney World Resort website. No reason for the option’s downgrade from Deluxe to Moderate has been made available at this time, but due to the overwhelming size of these accommodations, it is highly doubtful that a price change is going to happen anytime in the near future. The only rumored explanation for the change is that by listing it with the other Moderate resorts, Disney hopes bookings for the location will increase. WDW News Today will continue to update you on this story as more information becomes available.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I drop in price would be a welcome addition to this news. We like to take family trips to WDW that include my parents and my in laws. FW lodges has been one of our choices for our trip when we decide to stay on property
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I can see how making these a moderate resort choice could increase booking for the cabins but if the prices aren't going to change, what's the point? If someone is looking for a moderate resort but the cabins are still priced as deluxe, they still won't book.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I agree. I have looked at these for extended family, but it costs less for us to book 2 rooms at Pop than one cabin.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I can see how making these a moderate resort choice could increase booking for the cabins but if the prices aren't going to change, what's the point? If someone is looking for a moderate resort but the cabins are still priced as deluxe, they still won't book.

Only thing I can think of is that people might want a kitchen without paying for a villa. Now I'm not so sure what the concern is. Every time we have thought about stayiing there, they have had NO openings.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    id have been mad if they dropped the prices cuz we just booked there like 2 weeks ago. unless, would they give us our money back?
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    id have been mad if they dropped the prices cuz we just booked there like 2 weeks ago. unless, would they give us our money back?
    Depending on your trip you could always cancel the reservation and rebook if it was still open too.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas