Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss UPDATE: Dining Changes Official in the News & Rumors forums; This is an update from a thread I posted yesterday. I got this from WDW News Today: Here is the official announcement from Disney on changes to the dining reservation ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Exclamation UPDATE: Dining Changes Official

This is an update from a thread I posted yesterday.

I got this from WDW News Today:

Here is the official announcement from Disney on changes to the dining reservation system:
    The Walt Disney World® Resort will release a new reservation booking system for dining, recreation and tour reservations in late October 2008. The new reservation system will replace our current Dining Reservation System and will allow you to book multiple dining reservations for your Clients in one experience, while associating reservations to your Clients’ Walt Disney World Resort room reservations.

In the future, Travel Agents and Guests will be able to make dining reservations online at disneytravelagents.com and disneyworld.com with this new reservation booking system. The launch date for this enhancement will be announced at a later date.

As a result of the system upgrade, effective July 29 through late October 2008, Guests will be able to book dining reservations up to Jan. 25, 2009 arrivals. In late October, booking processes will return to normal, allowing Guests to book up to 180 days of arrival.

The system upgrade will not impact Victoria and Albert’s Restaurant, Cinderella’s Royal Table, and Chef Mickey’s Restaurant. Those three venues will continue to observe the normal booking processes throughout the system cutover.
    There you have it, as expected, you will soon be able to make all your Disney vacation reservations online in one motion, making the overall experience much easier. Expect the new system to be in order around January 2009.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    It's about time this went into effect!
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Disneyfan_77 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree! No more waiting on the phone & worrying about catching them during normal hours.

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    So, the way I understand it, this is a kind of test run?

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Yes, I think it is kinda a test run.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This should make the trip planning process that much easier. I am sure they will need to iron out the kinks, but this is definitely a good move that has been a long time coming.

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Thank you for calling Walt Disney World Dining! If you are calling to make a reservation for Victoria and Albert's, please press one. If not, please press two. Thank you! If you are calling from the Orlando area, or are making a dining reservation for within the next seven days, please press one. If not, please press two. Thank you! If you have visited the Walt Disney World resort before, please press one. If not, please press two. Thank you! If you have visited five times, with at least one visit since 2003, please press one. If not, please press two. Thank you! All Walt Disney World travel planners are currently helping other guests. Please remain on the line and the next available travel planner will be with you as soon as possible. Thank you! *click* *random Disney music that is played so softly it cuts in and out*

NEVER AGAIN! Thank you Disney!

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's awesome!!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
    Thank you for calling Walt Disney World Dining! If you are calling to make a reservation for Victoria and Albert's, please press one. If not, please press two. Thank you! If you are calling from the Orlando area, or are making a dining reservation for within the next seven days, please press one. If not, please press two. Thank you! If you have visited the Walt Disney World resort before, please press one. If not, please press two. Thank you! If you have visited five times, with at least one visit since 2003, please press one. If not, please press two. Thank you! All Walt Disney World travel planners are currently helping other guests. Please remain on the line and the next available travel planner will be with you as soon as possible. Thank you! *click* *random Disney music that is played so softly it cuts in and out*

NEVER AGAIN! Thank you Disney!
    Well, it's good to know we have that spiel recorded for the archives.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thank goodness! I am sure this will be a great improvement over the current system.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    Well, it's good to know we have that spiel recorded for the archives.
    I have nightmares with that spiel. I can recite it at will, I've heard it so many times being the official trip planner of the Frikkin' Flanagan Family Fun Fest for the last 4 years and unofficial trip planner for various trips in between... It's gotten to the point that I know the timing and sequence of the button presses.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm glad to hear this. Lou also mentioned on this week's podcast that the new system is going to make it so you can't do the double booking thing anymore which was an issue that often caused ADRs to fill up. I know for years I've been saying it made SO much more sense to allow you to do it online... I mean you can do practically everything else online. It's just shame that I won't get to use it anytime soon because we'll be booking our tour and ADRs for the January trip before it's implemented.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe