Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Garden Grill lunch... NO MORE!! in the News & Rumors forums; I got a call last night from... get this... MGM studio's!! I don't know why the caller ID said that but it did... maybe the reservation line is located somewhere ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Exclamation Garden Grill lunch... NO MORE!!

I got a call last night from... get this... MGM studio's!! I don't know why the caller ID said that but it did... maybe the reservation line is located somewhere in DHS. Anyway they were contacting us to say that lunch wouldn't be served at the Garden Grill anymore and that we needed to change our time. So we changed it to 4:30pm for an early dinner .

Once again LUNCH will NOT be served there anymore!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Taking my advice I see....
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

you see correctly...lol
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I had actually heard a rumor that the Garden Grill was closing completely to reevaluate the space. I can't confirm that, but it was discussed on another board.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

they didn't say anything about closing completely but did tell us they weren't serving lunch anymore and only dinner would be served. If they do I hope they don't untill after our trip in November.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    For my December trip, I tried to make lunch arrangments but was told they weren't serving lunch after October something. So we now have dinner reservations. I love this restaurant and hope they rehab it but not close it if they do anything to it.

Me to
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    I only heard about the character lunch being discontinued and the characters will start appearing at that restaurant during dinner only starting sometime this fall.

I think the Garden Grill will still offer lunch, just not with the characters.

The lady on the phone told my mom said that they weren't offering lunch anymore, But I don't know for shore because my mom was the one who talked to her. I'll ask her when she gets home for her lunch.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    No- they aren't offering lunch. I could not make a reservation until the evening. I think it is interesting since now the only table service restaurants are in WS(well, there is Coral Reef- am I missing any other table service in FW?) and they don't open up until 11. So RUN if you have a reservation in Japan!

lol
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    I just hope they don't close it completly. I havn't had the chance to eat there yet.
    -Zac

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    At first when I heard this one I was disappointed because we always did the character lunch at GG. The more I thought about it however, it was always a meal that ended up "ruining" us for the rest of the day. Eating that much food for lunch is rough, especially in heat. So, I guess from now on we'll do dinner there. Better fit I think honestly. Just hate that it won't be open otherwise.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story youre immersed in. - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from OJoe

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    I only heard about the character lunch being discontinued and the characters will start appearing at that restaurant during dinner only starting sometime this fall.

I think the Garden Grill will still offer lunch, just not with the characters.
    I think you're confusing two rumors/news. The Liberty Tree Tavern will no longer be a character meal as of January (I think). They will still offer lunch and dinner, but the characters are gone.