Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Ticket price increases Sunday! in the News & Rumors forums; I just posted this over in a thread in the rumor board, but this isn't a rumor any more. Price increases are not a rumor any more...Orlando Sentinel had an ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Ticket price increases Sunday!

I just posted this over in a thread in the rumor board, but this isn't a rumor any more.

Price increases are not a rumor any more...Orlando Sentinel had an article saying MYW tickets are going up 3-8%, and the Park Hopper Option is going up $5 to $50.

The DVC Member web site also published the new AP prices prematurely, with the regular AP going up $21 for adults and $18 for kids, and the PAP going up $20/$18. Renewals had similar increases, although I don't know the exact amounts.

Prices are to go in effect Sunday.

I tried ordering a couple MYW tickets for the kids for next April, but the only option online for delivery was "will call", and for that far in advance I want to get them in my hands to avoid confusion (we will be down there in October as well).
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Are all rates for 2009 announced with the ticket prices also? Like are the room rates and dining plan rates released?
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    Are all rates for 2009 announced with the ticket prices also? Like are the room rates and dining plan rates released?
    I just called the WDW to order the tickets on the phone, and I asked about room rates. She says that room only rates are out now, and packages will be released Sunday. I know when I looked online a day or two ago it wouldn't give me anything for next April (planning a split-stay)

Edit: I looked online again, and it still says room rates are available up to Dec. 2008...maybe Sunday everything will be released.
    Last edited by doconeill; 08-01-2008 at 07:55 PM.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Hmm, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Park hopping increased from $45 to $50 (an 11.1% increase).

Water Park Fun & More is $50 (unchanged!).

Including tax:

the 10-day base ticket increased from $239.63 to $252.42 (a 5.3% increase)

the 10-day non-expiring ticket increased from $431.33 to $465.41 (a 7.9% increase)
    -- Eric