Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Offender Arrested @ DTD in the News & Rumors forums; Fortunately this girl was not harmed but it should serve as a good reminder that we, as parents should not let our guards down too much while at the Happiest ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Offender Arrested @ DTD

Fortunately this girl was not harmed but it should serve as a good reminder that we, as parents should not let our guards down too much while at the Happiest Place on Earth. Right under our noses things happen everywhere.

From Mouse Planet this morning with their own link:
    Registered *** offender caught touching young girl at Downtown Disney

A 24-year-old convicted *** offender was arrested early Wednesday morning at Downtown Disney after grabbing the buttocks of an 11-year-old girl who was shopping at the Magnetron store on the West Side with her family. Jose Angel Pamblanco Morales, of Orlando, was arrested for lewd and lascivious molestation of a child under 12 years old.
    According to an AP story (link), the girl had thought that her mother had touched her backside to get her to keep moving but saw Morales instead, who then showed her a cell phone picture of a woman in a bikini. The family then headed to the Virgin Megastore, where the girl's younger sister saw that Morales was standing in the same aisle as they were. He continued to follow the family after they left the store.
    After the family complained about Morales, Orange County Sheriff's deputies were dispatched to the area, where they found Morales in front of the BET Club on Pleasure Island. The victim positively identified him, and a subsequent check of the Florida Crime Information Center found that Morales was a registered *** offender.
    He had been arrested in 2004 on charges of lewd and lascivious exhibition of a child under the age of 16 and exposure of sexual organs. He served 17 months of a three-year prison term and was released in May 2007.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow, perverts abound and think of all the unregistered, undocumented ones here now. It boggles the mind.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm sorry but this to me just proves more that true offenders don't "get better". Yes ok there are a lot of people who are wrongly listed on the offender lists out there because of a stupid mistake as a kid but there are also a lot of perverts out there. Thank God all he did while her mom wasn't looking was grab her butt.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    God, how awful. Good to know the girl is OK though.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Downtown Disney is the one place you really want to keep an extra eye out for.. remember, anyone can walk in there without buying a ticket, so it invites the creeps to come out. Most pervs go for the easy mark, rather than pay 70 dollars for a ticket...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Downtown Disney is the one place you really want to keep an extra eye out for.. remember, anyone can walk in there without buying a ticket, so it invites the creeps to come out. Most pervs go for the easy mark, rather than pay 70 dollars for a ticket...
    Universal's City Walk has an even higher creep to normal person ratio. And Casey Anthony worked there...go figure!
    (she's a real classy lassie)

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That guy needs a serious beat down!!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    What ever happened to the good ol' days where these guys got paid back in prison?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Probably has something to do with not violating their "rights."

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Probably has something to do with not violating their "rights."
    I always say if you hurt a kid, you give up your rights.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Yensid is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I always say if you hurt a kid, you give up your rights.

I couldn't agree with you more! Someone gropes my daughter - they will be hoping the cops come to arrest them!
    DVC Member
    AP Holder