Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fast Pass Changes (with Pic) in the News & Rumors forums; Usually when the FastPass line is being cleared like that it's to get caught up. Either from a maintenance issue (like doconeill mentioned) or just from a large amount of ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Usually when the FastPass line is being cleared like that it's to get caught up. Either from a maintenance issue (like doconeill mentioned) or just from a large amount of folks all coming through to use their pass at the first second of their return time etc. The idea is to keep the FP cleared but I don't know that I agree with the fact that it has "priority". Every guest is equal. The FP just gives you the ability to spend your 3 hour wait wandering around, rather than standing in a queue. Still, in the sense that they always like to keep it cleared, it does have priority in the fact that they'll "empty" it before emptying a stand-by line though.

Me... if I'm in the FP line and have to wait 10 minutes, so what? I'm ok with that. I didn't have to wait and walk as far as everyone in the stand-by line after all. Besides, sometimes, taking in the queue is half the fun. I see so many people running up the FP queue once they are in... just seems to defeat the purpose. You're in already. Slow down. I guess it's the same logic of speeding from a green light to a red light rather than taking it easy.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post

Me... if I'm in the FP line and have to wait 10 minutes, so what? I'm ok with that. I didn't have to wait and walk as far as everyone in the stand-by line after all. Besides, sometimes, taking in the queue is half the fun. I see so many people running up the FP queue once they are in... just seems to defeat the purpose. You're in already. Slow down. I guess it's the same logic of speeding from a green light to a red light rather than taking it easy.
    Well stated, I agree.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think fast passes are kind of ridiculous. Yes everyone has the opportunity to get them, but is it really right to make people rush around to get the passes before they run out? Why can't everyone just get in line and wait? I've never gotten them, but granted most of the trips I've taken have been with someone who needed the handicap entrance anyway. I think they cause more problems. At Toy Story Mania, the way to get to the handicap entrance is through the Fast Pass line. We went through there, and let me emphasize it is NOT "cut to the head of the line", you have to wait in line like everyone else, especially in the newer attractions. Anyway, while we were waiting to get to the handicap entrance, there was a woman absolutely freaking out in the stand by line because they had waited however long it was. I have to say the cast member handled herself extremely well, explaining that she was to let in something like 60 Fast Pass parties, then 20 Standby parties.

Like I said, everyone waits in the same line, whether it's a busy or a slow time, and problem goes away.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Is FastPass fraud a really big deal? I would think that scanning isn't really necessary unless there is some extra data to be gathered, but I would think that simply counting tickets might provide 'good enough' data...
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWmemories View Post
    Is FastPass fraud a really big deal? I would think that scanning isn't really necessary unless there is some extra data to be gathered, but I would think that simply counting tickets might provide 'good enough' data...
    It's a huge deal. Look on eBay and you'll find them posted all over the place. They get around the eBay rules by saying what they are selling is a plain white envelope and to the winner also goes collectible fast passes. In the past, there were a lot of CMs who just looked at the time and let you in so the scheme worked. Now with the bigger date it's helping... but still not 100%.

My thought has always been, why print a bar code on it if you're not gonna scan them.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    It's a huge deal. Look on eBay and you'll find them posted all over the place. They get around the eBay rules by saying what they are selling is a plain white envelope and to the winner also goes collectible fast passes. In the past, there were a lot of CMs who just looked at the time and let you in so the scheme worked. Now with the bigger date it's helping... but still not 100%.

My thought has always been, why print a bar code on it if you're not gonna scan them.
    They did test a scanning system for a bit, but for whatever reason have not rolled it out or decided not to move forward. Other changes were also done to help pick up on bad/old passes.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I know that they let expired fast passes from earlier that day through, but i wonder if they are gonna change that soon too

Quote Originally Posted by squishybear View Post
    I know that they let expired fast passes from earlier that day through, but i wonder if they are gonna change that soon too
    There is no reason to expect that to happen any time soon.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by squishybear View Post
    I've yet to be lucky enough to get in on that. That must be just certain CMs allowing it because I've been turned away twice when I was an hour late.

I've yet to be lucky enough to get in on that. That must be just certain CMs allowing it because I've been turned away twice when I was an hour late.
    You must be EXTREMELY unlucky, because it is a general policy to allow late fastpasses unless the attraction manager says otherwise because of the situation (this information comes straight from CMs). Traditionally, Soarin' is most well known for turning people away, but reports have become more and more rare. I've heard of a few cases with TSM as well, but not as prevalent.
    Doc

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    About the fastpass backing up, We went on Rock n' Roller coaster 1 hour before our dinner reservation, and the standby line said 30 minutes so we figured we'd be ok, but halfway through the queue, we heard an announcement that said something like "due to an increase in fastpass (missing word here) the standby line wait time has been increased. Needless to say, we waited about an hour and a half in line from that point. Thank goodness for Disney holding your ADRs, but then again, we still ran like crazy because we didnt find out they did that until the last day of our trip. All was well, however, when we ended the night with a great dinner at the Sci-fi Dine In, (Ahhhhhhh!!!! look out for the needle!!!!) And spent quite some time viewing the OSoDL.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    We too had problems at Everest. They do not seem to still have a balance with Fastpass, single rider or stand-by.

Similar experience at Test Track and Soar'n.

Fastpass just seems to work better at some rides and others not so much.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    We too had problems at Everest. They do not seem to still have a balance with Fastpass, single rider or stand-by.

Similar experience at Test Track and Soar'n.

Fastpass just seems to work better at some rides and others not so much.
    Rode Everest last week, and the line was back to a good rotation. I think it comes down to two things; the skill of the CM to manage the lines, and the backup of all lines if the attraction goes down for any length of time. I was surprised that they weren't filtering in many single riders on TSM this week. There seemed to be a lot of 3-party groups with that 4th seat going empty.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Rode Everest last week, and the line was back to a good rotation. I think it comes down to two things; the skill of the CM to manage the lines, and the backup of all lines if the attraction goes down for any length of time. I was surprised that they weren't filtering in many single riders on TSM this week. There seemed to be a lot of 3-party groups with that 4th seat going empty.
    There is no single rider line at TSM any more, so they'd have to ask up the line, people would have to move, etc. Probably slows things up more than anything.
    Doc

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    There is no single rider line at TSM any more, so they'd have to ask up the line, people would have to move, etc. Probably slows things up more than anything.
    I didn't know that single rider line was gone for good, I thought it was sort of on and off. They do still look for single riders on occassion; at least I remember that happening. Maybe I'm thinking of earlier times.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast