Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss EMH Wristband Change in the News & Rumors forums; This is an ironic topic to come back to after my mother's visit because we were chatting about just this thing. She had mentioned how they didn't know about the ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    This is an ironic topic to come back to after my mother's visit because we were chatting about just this thing. She had mentioned how they didn't know about the bracelets and headed on over to an attraction and were given a little push back from the CM at the ride. She handed him their keycards and of course all was well.

Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    This is going to be more of a hassle than waiting in line for the wristband
    I don't know, to me, it's less of a hassle. Waiting in line for a wristband takes up just that extra little bit of time you could be spending do something other than waiting in a line. To me, being able to continue my evening from where I am already standing, and just whip out my key card when I get to the queue is much quicker.

That and I don't like the feeling of paper wrapped tightly around my wrists... LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't mind the getting rid of the writstband thing... I usually get stuck in a line waiting for my wristband... it goes quick, but it's still an extra wait in another line... if having our keycard is the same thing, might as well just stick with that..

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

marker is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Guess I'll just have to be the eternal optimist and not assume it's going to be a problem before I've actually had the opportunity to experience. I like to believe that some acutally planning and intelligent thought go into decisions like this before they are made. So I'll give it a fair shot first before casting my opinion. I really do not anticipate it being a problem.
    Last edited by marker; 09-12-2008 at 09:47 AM.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    First off, I think this might be a good idea, only if it eliminates the wristband lines.

One potential hitch - how is Disney going to check to see if guests aren't just showing OLD key to the world cards?

Use the barcode on the card, perhaps? That's a lot of scanning, though.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I understand why they would be doing this, but I don't think it's the best way to go about it. There were a lot of ways to get around the wristbands before, but if you have to show your key, you will just end up in a lot of smaller lines that you have to deal with all night rather than a line to get the wristband (even though I've never waited in line for a wristband longer than 3-5 minutes). I like the idea that someone already said earlier: get your wristbands at your resort - they could probably even work it out where you get all of your wristbands for your trip when you check in.
    ~Ashleigh

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    We were at the Magic Kingdom for the first day of the new policy and it was pretty painless. We just had to show our key to get into the line. I keep my room key and Annual Pass in one of those Fast Pass holders that are on a zip line and I just would pull it out and show them without taking the key out of the little ziptop pouch.

Could someone just show and old key and get on the attraction....yes! Noone was looking at the room keys with any kind of scrutiny.

Also, when were at DHS during the Night of Joy, we were able to stay in the park even though it was a hard ticketed event. Noone asked us to leave, we just couldn't get on attractions. We did shop though.

I have a feeling this is the same way they are going to handle EMH.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    First off, I think this might be a good idea, only if it eliminates the wristband lines.

One potential hitch - how is Disney going to check to see if guests aren't just showing OLD key to the world cards?

Use the barcode on the card, perhaps? That's a lot of scanning, though.
    Though not right now. I do expect to see barcodes used all over. Scan and go to validate your stay at a resort. The new FP machines are already setup for this. The Turnstiles at each park were upgraded this past year as well.

Disneyland is fully barcodes and it works great!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I would think it would be easier with the wrist bands. It's always on your wrist out in the open for the most part, no one has to bug you to look at it, CM's could just glance at your wrist without stopping you. Overall I guess it's not that big of a deal. I'll just have one less souvenir to take home. This will be our first MNSSHP.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Yensid is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by allie cat View Post
    Hmmm... paper wristbands can't cost all that much, and couldn't they just have them at the hotels to cut the fuss? I would think it would tie up CMs just as much to check/swipe cards at every single attraction. I would prefer wearing a band to getting that card out and putting it away a hundred times. Guess one could put it on a lanyard, but if they swipe, they might run you through the machine by mistake. Hee hee

I agree with you - when you check-in at your resort, get a wrist band with your check-in and check-out dates stamped on it.
    DVC Member
    AP Holder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12