Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss EMH Wristband Change in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: As reported by multiple outlets, you may not need to get a wristband to ride attractions and stay in the parks during provided ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

EMH Wristband Change

I got this from WDW News Today:

As reported by multiple outlets, you may not need to get a wristband to ride attractions and stay in the parks during provided Extra Magic Hours for Disney resort guests beginning next week. According to these sources, guests will just need to flash their “key to the world” cards to gain admittance to attractions open during those hours. What this does is cut costs by dispensing of the cast members who would give out the wristbands and it also allows non-Disney Resort guests to actually still stay and enjoy shopping and dining in the parks during these hours.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

GussGuss36 is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy

That kind of sux, that means it will still be more crowded in the parks during EMH than normal. & are they going to make sure only resort guests get to ride the attractions during EMH? What if some cast members don't check for room keys? i dunno about this one. guess we will see what happens

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I don't see how this can be a good thing. Even when they were using wrist bands people would try to stay and go on the rides.

I can't believe Disney is so cost conscious now that they can't afford two CM's and wrist bands for EMH. I forsee lots of problems. Of course, that could be what Disney wants and then they will have an excuse for eliminating EMH all together.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    You can ALWAYS use your keycard instead of Wristband. It's not a new policy, it's been around since it's opened. If you don't get your wristbands before EMH starts, you can use your key cards, but its more of a hassle, and slows attraction lines down, so it benefits you if you get wristbands.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

GussGuss36 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I vote to keep the wristbands that probably cost like 3 cents to make. I KNOW they can afford it

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    When I was in the MK during November they were testing this but it wasn't just a flash. They did what Universal does for guests staying on site in lieu of a fast pass. CM's actually swiped your resort card. Disney CM's were not as good at the system as Universal, or it could have been the equipment or both. It backed things up at the entrances but did even out by the time you boarded the attraction.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I don't exactly know why not having a bracelet would allow more people to stay. Either you have a card and you are on property or you don't. You need the card to get the bracelet. The bracelet probably offers cms a faster way to check for anyone NOT staying on property while guests are milling about, but I bet the cost of those bracelets adds up after a while. These are tough times for all companies. Everyone has to cut corners to make ends meet. The amount of fuel that is used on property each day can't be that much cheaper than what you and I pay even if they are buying in bulk. Yes, EMHs could be cut to save costs, but for the moment, I hope WDW can just do little things to help keep them available - even if I'm one of the locals who don't normally get a chance to take advantage of EMHs.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hmmm... paper wristbands can't cost all that much, and couldn't they just have them at the hotels to cut the fuss? I would think it would tie up CMs just as much to check/swipe cards at every single attraction. I would prefer wearing a band to getting that card out and putting it away a hundred times. Guess one could put it on a lanyard, but if they swipe, they might run you through the machine by mistake. Hee hee

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    They are checking the dates in various way. Once it gets going I think it will be much better. The 'test' they did a few months ago went pretty well.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    This is going to be a pain for me with 4 kids. We don't let them carry their cards because they are not as responsible so I guess we wil just have to take more time to mess with this. Oh well.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The cast have been pretty good about just checking Mom and Dad's during that test. You can also ask the resort for a 'blank' one for them just incase they loose it.

MakingScrapbook is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When we were there in February, I kept all of our cards in the front pocket of my camera bag. I just whipped them out at each attraction, then zipped them back up. It's definitely not as easy as showing a bracelet... but just keep them somewhere easy to access.
    Jan

Sep. 2005 - Polynesian
    Sep. 2006 - Contemporary
    Sep. 2007 - Beach Club
    Feb. 2008 - French Quarter
    Jun. 2008 - Off Site, Sea World & Aquatica trip
    Sep. 2008 - Pop Century & Disney "Magic" Cruise
    Mar. 2009 - Pop Century (girls trip w/ daughter)
    Aug. 2009 - POR & Disney "Magic" Cruise & CB
    Nov. 2009 - All Star Movies (girls weekend)
    Dec. 2009 - All Star Music
    Jan. 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    Mar. 2010 - All Star Music (Princess 1/2)

Jedi Sparrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    when we were there on our last trip we got our wristbands for the EMH. But noticed that there were alot of people still going on the rides with out one. I didn't mind cause it was slow. There was almost no wait. I guess aslong as the card does not slow things down.
    New DVC Member (Bay Lake Tower)

New D23 Member

My Disney Trips...

Feb.. 2002 Allstar Music

Feb.. 2007 Allstar Movie

May.. 2008 off site (never again)

Nov.. 2008 Allstar Sports

Jun.. 2009 Saratoga Springs (free dvc points)

0ct.. 2009 (new dvc member) Bay Lake Tower

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    This is going to be more of a hassle than waiting in line for the wristband
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That stinks. I kind of like wearing them and then going home and putting them in my Disney Vacation album
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast