Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Name change for Disney Dining Experience in the News & Rumors forums; Just got the following in email. I admit the similar names caused confusion, but they could have picked a better name... Greetings, On the occasion of the 13th annual Epcot ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Name change for Disney Dining Experience

Just got the following in email. I admit the similar names caused confusion, but they could have picked a better name...

Greetings,
    On the occasion of the 13th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, we are pleased to announce that we will be launching a new name for the Disney Dining Experience.
    Our Festival, which will take place from September 26 November 9, 2008 will celebrate Cities in Wonderland, and following that theme, your dining club will be named Tables in Wonderland as of September 15, 2008.
    This new name will not alter any of your current benefits. We have simply decided to do this to help distinguish your membership from any other dining privileges at Walt Disney World Resort that bares a similar name to the Disney Dining Experience.
    You may continue to use your current card until expiration and your renewal card will reflect the new name, Tables in Wonderland.
    In addition, we look forward to seeing you during the Festival. The team has planned an exciting line-up of events for the entire 45 days. We are particularly excited about hosting the Bocuse dOr Culinary Competition on September 26th and September 27th from 11:00 a.m. 3:30 p.m. on each day.
    Chefs Paul Bocuse, Daniel Boulud and Thomas Keller invite you to watch some of the countries top professional chefs compete live to earn the privilege to represent the United States at the renowned Bocuse dOr International Cuisine Competition in Lyon, France 2009.
    Plan to attend this unique event with Al Roker and Dana Cowin, Editor in Chief, Food & Wine Magazine as host emcees. Several celebrity chefs will be judging the Event and will be available for book signings throughout both days. Viewing the Competition is included in park admission.
    Also, the Gala Dinner on Saturday, September 27th will be a rare treat and a lot of fun. More information on this event, including the menu will be sent on a separate e-mail . . . an event not to be missed!
    We wish you a delicious journey as you explore Cities in Wonderland during the Festival, and as a member of Tables in Wonderland all year around.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Hey, Doc, do you have an email address for DDE handy? I have a card but haven't received any emails from them. TIA
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    The mail came from DDEmembership@disneyonline.com, but that doesn't mean they read it.

I'd check online via the official site. I'm not even sure if I gave DDE my address specifically, or if they are just using the one on file (every time I call Disney they verify my address)
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Thanks for the help!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I don't get emails from them... the new name is kind of sad in my opinion, but whatever.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yeah, I think the name is kind of lame, but the Disney Dining Experience probably gets confused with the Disney Dining Plan all the time. This will probably save some confusion. I have to admit though, I got halfway through reading the article before I realized that they weren't talking about the DDP.
    ~Ashleigh

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have to say, I figure I have at least average intelligence, yet the naming conventions for all of the Disney offers confuse me. So many different options, dining plans, hotel variation, seasons -- you have to be a Disney World expert to keep it all straight.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    I don't get emails from them... the new name is kind of sad in my opinion, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Yeah, I think the name is kind of lame, but the Disney Dining Experience probably gets confused with the Disney Dining Plan all the time. This will probably save some confusion. I have to admit though, I got halfway through reading the article before I realized that they weren't talking about the DDP.
    Yes, it does seem really strange that they would choose to rename DDE because it is confused with DDP by picking "Tables in Wonderland" and announcing it during "Cities in Wonderland". Like that's not going to confuse anybody???
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    That's the best they could do?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I am not impressed.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I don't get it...anyone else think this new name makes no sense at all?
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"