Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Big announcement coming... in the News & Rumors forums; I heard about this on another forum. Apparently Disney has a big announcemnt planned for September 18. Here's the article: Disney has sent a mystery invitation out to the media ...
    Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Big announcement coming...

I heard about this on another forum. Apparently Disney has a big announcemnt planned for September 18. Here's the article:

Disney has sent a mystery invitation out to the media regarding a major new theme park related announcement they will be making on September 18th at noon, somewhere in New York City. As stated in the invitation, “You’re invited to join Disney Parks for a special announcement -- so big we’re bringing the news to New York.” The announcement gets a little strange here as it promotes “New, breakthrough insights about how American families travel will be shared by Peter Yesawich, Chairman & CEO, YPartnership, one of America’s leading travel trend-watchers. Following that, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo will unveil exciting plans for 2009--including a first in the history of the Walt Disney Company.”
    My gut instinct is to say that this event could include that long rumored post-Olympic announcement about the new Disney park project for China, in addition to whatever big celebration Disney has planned to roll out to both coasts for 2009. This could be that “Celebrate Today” rumor, though we’ve heard that the focus may be on Disney pushing the big family trip, reunion or large gathering concept once again as part of this.
    I also have to wonder if Disney might be ready to make some kind of announcement about that Premium Park concept in development for Walt Disney World, previously being called Disney’s Night Kingdom but has since been changed to Disney’s Jungle Trek. Anyone know more about what kind of rabbit Disney is going to pull out of the hat? Last time it was Oswald…

...and the website it was found on:
    Industry News

I hope it's something cool!!!
    ~Ashleigh

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This sounds a lot like what Lou talked about on a recent pod cast. Guess we'll have to see what developes.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I was wondering too if this is what Lou talked about the other week in his news and rumors segment about the jungle trek? I have also heard about a long time rumor of Disney opening a park in China. Well, whatever it is we'll find out on the 18th, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    This sounds a lot like what Lou talked about on a recent pod cast. Guess we'll have to see what developes.
    I've been up to my ears in school and work the past couple of weeks, so I've missed the past couple of podcasts . Sorry if this is old news!

I guess we'll have to wait and find out what Disney has up it's sleeve....
    ~Ashleigh

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My hope is that they surprise us with even another bit of news beyond the night park or China. Can't wait to find out.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just thought of something, maybe they'll officially add the Contemporary to DVC?
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Ooooh! This sounds interesting! I can't wait to hear what it is!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

pitmansparky is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My Mom is in the media and got the an invite for a big luncheon in Toronto too. When she talked to her Disney contact about it, he told her that it was a really big announcement and that disney fans would be really excited. He wouldn't say any more but, she is looking forward to the lunch!
    Matt (pitmansparky)

We're gonna cruise the dream!

Why can't WDW be closer to Canada?

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    I think Contemporary DVC is part of it...things are really heating up in DVC for something...

I'm wondering about the "how American families travel" quote. The big buzzword is "staycations" - i.e. shorter, closer trips. I'm wondering if Disney is moving forward with the concept of "mini-resorts/parks" in various locations, to bring Disney a little closer to people.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by pitmansparky View Post
    My Mom is in the media and got the an invite for a big luncheon in Toronto too. When she talked to her Disney contact about it, he told her that it was a really big announcement and that disney fans would be really excited. He wouldn't say any more but, she is looking forward to the lunch!
    Sparky, is the Toronto luncheon on the same date, Sept. 18th, also?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

pitmansparky is offline B-Ticket Holder
    yep,

The invitation goes like this:
    You’re invited to join Disney Parks for a
    special announcement--so big we’re bringing
    the news to Toronto.

New, breakthrough insights about how Canadian
    families travel will be shared by YPartnership, one of North America’s leading travel trend-watchers. Following that, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Vice President of Domestic and International Marketing Bruno Jauering will unveil exciting plans for 2009--including a first in the history of the Walt Disney Company.

We hope you can join us!

The lunch is on the 18th at noon.
    Matt (pitmansparky)

We're gonna cruise the dream!

Why can't WDW be closer to Canada?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Thanks, Matt! That sounds really exciting!

The link in the original post now has some additional information about what it might be about....
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Two more days and we will find out!

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I guess given the Orlando Sentinel article today about the Contemporary DVC, that we can cross that off the list.

I'm really curious as to what this announcement is.....

Ugh! I have a rehearsal that runs until 12:45 on Thursday. If anyone finds out the news, can they post it here so I can see what it is??
    ~Ashleigh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast