Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasmic boat-less in the News & Rumors forums; I don't remember seeing this mentioned anywhere else, but I could have just missed it. I went to see Fantasmic last night, and was shocked to see that the Steamship ...
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder

Fantasmic boat-less

I don't remember seeing this mentioned anywhere else, but I could have just missed it. I went to see Fantasmic last night, and was shocked to see that the Steamship was not present. At the very end, instead of all the characters appearing on the Steamship and circling the island, all the characters actually came out and stood on the island. They did there little choreographed dance with the ribbons, while waving at everyone, and then went backstage. Sorcerer Mickey then appeared on top of the mountain like normal, to set off the fireworks.

Very odd. I hope that's not a permanent change, and the ship is just down for refurb or something....

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    They've done that before when the ship needed to be refurbed. I bet it's back to normal before long...
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I don't remember seeing this mentioned anywhere else, but I could have just missed it. I went to see Fantasmic last night, and was shocked to see that the Steamship was not present. At the very end, instead of all the characters appearing on the Steamship and circling the island, all the characters actually came out and stood on the island. They did there little choreographed dance with the ribbons, while waving at everyone, and then went backstage. Sorcerer Mickey then appeared on top of the mountain like normal, to set off the fireworks.

Very odd. I hope that's not a permanent change, and the ship is just down for refurb or something....
    1. Are you there again???? LOL/JK Great you got to go to the world.
    2. Hopefully just down for refurb and not a responce to higher costs and current cost cutting.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I hope it's just a refurb of the boat, because that is one of my favorite parts of the show - you can get some really good close-ups of the characters!!
    ~Ashleigh

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    LOL I was there this week and the missing boat caught me off guard. Hope it come back!

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The Steamboat is out for refurbishment and usually occurs at this time of the year. So don't worry, it will be back.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/