Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss News From AK in the News & Rumors forums; I got both of these from Screamscape: As mentioned before, Primeval Whirl is now closed for some kind of extended rehab that has shut down both of the two coasters ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

News From AK

I got both of these from Screamscape:

As mentioned before, Primeval Whirl is now closed for some kind of extended rehab that has shut down both of the two coasters tracks at the same time.
    From what we’ve been told the Yeti figure in Expedition Experience is down and has been down for some time. I don’t know any details, but the rumor going around is that the problem may not have to do with the Yeti figure itself, but rather the base structure it sits on. Anyone know more about this and when he may come back to life?

UPDATE:
    In our latest update on the condition of the Everest’s Yeti figure, sources have confirmed hearing a story about some kind of instability with the creature base, and mentions that Disney can’t fix it until they get around to shutting down the ride for a major rehab. Unfortunately no one seems to know just when the ride will be closed down for this rehab as the figure has been broken for months now and they’ve been getting by with the old backup strobe light trick to make it look like it still moves.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    On the plus side - at least they are keeping EE going and having the Yeti in "strobe mode" doesn't negate the ride totally. I didn't notice the change the first time I rode it recently, but the second time I did notice the change because I was looking for it.

and yes, Primeval Whirl is under refurb.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Isn't great to live so close to WDW so that you can check this stuff out?
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    yeah when i was there a couplle weeks ago it didnt look as realistic as it did years before

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by croc614 View Post
    yeah when i was there a couplle weeks ago it didnt look as realistic as it did years before
    My eyes don't adjust to the lighting quick enough to see Yeti do his thing. I'm past Yeti before I really can get a good look so the stobe version isn't as big a deal for me as it is for others who can "see" from light to dark easily.

Yes, it is great to be able to go to a park at a drop of a hat - or the packing of a backpack.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    wait are the strobe lights not always on? maybe i just always go when its broke or something?
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    How long has this been broken for? I don't remember seeing anything different when I was there in June, but I guess the concensus is that it's hard to see the difference until you know about it.

I still think the coolest part about that ride is that you can see all 3 other parks when you are going up that first hill.
    ~Ashleigh

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well I hope they have it fixed by April next year.

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    I dont mind the Yeti being broken just as long as they dont shut it down before I go in November not ridden before cant wait would be devastated if it was under rehab when I go!

Ruddy