Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Tinkerbell Movie Premier in the News & Rumors forums; I went to the Tinkerbell Movie premier today at the Magic Kingdom. It was so much fun! It was at Exposition Hall on Main Street. We had to show our ...
    pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

Tinkerbell Movie Premier

I went to the Tinkerbell Movie premier today at the Magic Kingdom. It was so much fun! It was at Exposition Hall on Main Street. We had to show our seasonal pass and confirmation. We got our choice of "snacks" for the movie. There was candy, granola bars, or fruit. Then we walked through a beautifully decorated hall to get to the theater. First they showed us a music video with the new song from the movie. Then they showed us the movie, and I loved it! It has a great storyline, and I do predict this will be a HUGE hit! After the movie they had the producer, director, and screenwriter come out on stage and they explained more about the movie. They said that they will be releasing 3 more movies, one a year, after the release of this movie. This movie represents Spring(after you see the movie this will make sense) and then they will come out with a Winter, Summer, and Fall. They also showed us concept art for the new Pixie Hollow area that will open next month in Toontown. It looks really beautiful! You are shrunk down to the size if a farie before you enter. They also said that there will be a new giftshop in Fantasyland somewhere called "Tinkerbell's Treasures". After that, we got a great surprise! Tinkerbell and the 4 new faries came out and we got to get a photo with them all! And, while we waited for the photo, Justin Mahoney CMO, came out and had some farie trivia with us all! I got a photo with the new faries and tinkerbell, and then I got autographs and a photo with the movie production team that was there. When we left they gave us all a cute Disney Faries cup and a light up Tinkerbell pin/clip! What a fun day I had, and get ready because I think the faries are going to be the next big thing at Disney!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Can we see the pics? Can't wait to see Pixie Hollow! Tinker Bell's Treasures is already in Fantasyland, did they change the store at all?

I did not get any pix of the concept art. They showed it to us as a slide show, and I was sitting too far back. Here is one photo of the movie sign and me with Tinkerbell and her farie friends! The man made it seem like "Tinkerbell Treasures" would be a new store, but maybe just redesigned because of all the new farie stuff. Oh, I forgot, he also said that for the 2009 Flower and Garden Festival that they would have a Pixie Hollow exhibit with all of the new faries in topiary form. It looked really cool!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tinkerbell Movie Premier-084.jpg   Tinkerbell Movie Premier-085.jpg  

Thanks for posting the pics! I will definitely have to get my picture with Tink and the fairies!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I was at the preview on Saturday. Our preview had all of the information given previously as well. The fairies will be in a meet and greet area, but only a couple of fairies are anticipated to be there at one time. Having all 5 fairies in one photo was another surprise to which guests were treated. I'm not exactly the target audience for this movie, but I thought it was entertaining. There were some cute moments.

A big thank you to all the CM's that made this possible. The CM's had three days of hosting this event from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. That's a LONG day especially when it's following a full day of work from Monday through Friday.

All those dads out there who thought that they'd shelled out for princess dresses will now need to pull out the plastic again for fairy dresses.

I had an additional treat of meeting Justin and his wife. He had the difficult task of entertaining a room full of adults and children who were waiting to have their time with the fairies. Justin asked trivia question about the movie as well as other topics related to Tinker Bell. Thanks to my copies of The Walt Disney Trivia Books by Lou Mongello, I knew the answer to the year Peter Pan's Adventure opened. (did I type that right, Lou?)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Here is a link to some of the concept art. Someone posted them to flickr
    http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...7607564209893/

Link did not work for me, bummer.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Link did not work for me, bummer.
    Remove the extraneous "http://" and it'll work fine.

Thanks, that worked.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    can't wait to see pixie hallow when I go!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Pixie Hallow pictures from the Orlando Sentinel
    Pixie Hollow is Disney's newest flight of fancy -- OrlandoSentinel.com

I love it! Can't wait to go see the fairies!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Today's the big day!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.