Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fairies Location Official in the News & Rumors forums; I know I read one thread that said the rumor was the Fairies were coming to DHS and another that said Animal Kingdom and still another that said MK. So, ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Fairies Location Official

I know I read one thread that said the rumor was the Fairies were coming to DHS and another that said Animal Kingdom and still another that said MK. So, for anyone who hasn't seen or heard about this yet... MK wins.

YouTube - Disney Fairies Arrive in Orlando Headed for Magic Kingdom
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Yay! I am so excited about the fairies, I was never big on the princesses but now they're speaking my language!

I haven't researched it but after watching that clip, Mr Leroux is most definitely French Canadian and probably from Quebec, I'd recognize that accent anywhere.

Fawn is my favorite, after Tink of course. I think Fantasyland would have been the best location but they probably had more space to work with in Toontown, of all the parks of course they HAD to have Pixie Hollow in MK, wouldn't make sense anywhere else!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If I understood it correctly, the entrance to the meet and greet will be in the same location as the entrance to the princess meet and greet; just to the right. The cue will allow you to "shrink down" (as if I need to get any shorter) to the size of a fairy.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Here is what the animated Disney Fairies look like.

I was getting a red X, maybe this will work.
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 02-10-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Yay! I am so excited about the fairies, I was never big on the princesses but now they're speaking my language!
    See I feel the same exact way! Don't get me wrong, I love Cinderella and Snow White but there's something about these fairies that I think speak to the older Disney fan like myself. They aren't perfect... they are moody... y'know it's just like real life. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

And magical! I do like the princesses but I won't wait in line to take a picture with them. Fairies are a different story! Plus I can't wait to see the queue where we will magically shrink to fairy size.

Y'know, unless I missed it, the video didn't say as of when. Does anyone know when the new meet and greet will open... or has it?

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I know I read one thread that said the rumor was the Fairies were coming to DHS and another that said Animal Kingdom and still another that said MK. So, for anyone who hasn't seen or heard about this yet... MK wins.

Or loses depending on your point of view

Mouse Extra

In any event, we should be prepared for a faerie full court press
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Y'know, unless I missed it, the video didn't say as of when. Does anyone know when the new meet and greet will open... or has it?
    I have a sneaking hunch that it won't open till the DVD hits the stores. Sorry. I was even at the previews and if the date was mentioned, it didn't stick in my mind. I did notice today that Tinker Bell's Treasures wasn't open yet. I'm eager to take a peek at that as well. Epcot had some fairy costumes in at least one of the shops with a hefty price tag.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.