Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Last Soap Weekend at DHS in the News & Rumors forums; Super Soap Weekend is a well attended event. My son went last year while he was CP'ing down there and he said they could barely budge through the crowds. So ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Last Soap Weekend at DHS

Super Soap Weekend is a well attended event. My son went last year while he was CP'ing down there and he said they could barely budge through the crowds. So this is a surprise!

From All Ears:

NEWS BITES

Disney announced on Monday that this year's Super Soap Weekend
    at Disney s Hollywood Studios will mark the last time this event
    will be held in Orlando. ABC's Daytime Division will instead
    send its soap opera stars on a 2009 Soap Nation Tour, a
    collection of nationwide events designed to interact with fans
    on a year-round basis offering greater access to stars in more
    cities, more often. The final Walt Disney World weekend will be
    dedicated to the fans with special retrospectives and exclusive
    productions. Cameron Mathison headlines the event, joined by
    perennial fan favorites like Thorsten Kaye, Erika Slezak and
    Jason Thompson. For the full release:
    Disney News Blog: September 2008 Archives
    this_years_abc_super_soap_week.html

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    They are saying that it wasn't Disney to pull out, it was Brian Frons who is the head of ABC daytime. The fans are all really upset about this, he better get ready for tons of mail and email about this decision.

WSauerbier is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile 2007-2008 Super Soap

I was at last years Super Soap and it was packed with soap fans waiting to get autographs from their favorites stars. This made it good though for Disney fans who wanted to go on their favorite rides.... While there were hour long line for autographs the longest i waited for a ride was 15 minutes..... The game shows on stage and music and parades made it a nice day even for someone who doesnt like soaps.

I will be at the 2008 Super Soap as well.

Yeah the reason is is because they believe they can get more if they have a number of different events all over the country rather than one weekend a year... I aam sure this is sad for the stars too as many of them have stated on soapnet and other areas that Super Soap at Disney is their favorite time of year.

Whats ironic is that Susan Lucci will not be the Grand Marshall of the final parade due to her DWTS commitments...... Still should be a fantastic weekend
    The Cram Zone Guide to Walt Disney World 2010, now out on Amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com and booksamillion.com