Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Room decoration at WDW resorts in the News & Rumors forums; Hey Everyone, I was on the phone with Disney today and they told me that they are doing a soft launch of part of the Celebrations program. Starting November, guests ...
    squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder

Room decoration at WDW resorts

Hey Everyone,

I was on the phone with Disney today and they told me that they are doing a soft launch of part of the Celebrations program. Starting November, guests will be able to order a "room decoration" package. This package will allow the guest to decorate the hotel room for a special occasion (pirate/princess theme, etc). The prices for room decoration are going to be posted next week. You can call the Disney Florist and have your name put on a special list and they'll email you the prices.

I'm very excited about this because I"m going in December and was slightly dissapointed that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the Disney Celebration thing. Apparently, Disney is starting a few specific activities earlier.
    If you are planning a trip before January 1st, but still want something special, I suggest giving Disney a call to see what else is launching before January.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Cool! I'll have to tell my mom about that! We going November the 14th for my birthday and staying a week! That would be neat to decorate the room! Thanks for the info!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Cool! I'm guessing they'll be doing a Christmas-themed room and I hope it won't be too overly expensive because it would be really cool to have one when we go in December. Does anyone know where they will be posting the prices?
    ~Ashleigh

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks so much for this info squishybear! I'm going to call Disney and see what I can get for the holidays! I'll be there 7 nights so, unless it's cost prohibitive, I'd love to get holiday decorations in the room. WooHoo! I'll also keep an eye open for the price lists.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Tommy Morrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is great news! My wife and I are going in December for an anniversary/babymoon and this was really the last opportunity we would have before our first child gets here and we'll be land locked for a while.

I'll definitely miss the "Year of a Million Dreams" but I love this idea of really going all out for celebrations (of course for a marginal fee).
    Fry: "This was our storage closet. My Dad spent years turning it into a bomb shelter."
    Leela: "And yet you guys never had a single nuclear war."
    Bender: "What a waste."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I'm having a difficult time wrapping my brain around this one. A thread posted a few weeks ago here and on Mouse Planet said people were being fined for decorating their resort rooms.
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...corations.html

I also posted the one from Mouse Planet. These seem to conflict, wonder what the story is, Decorate only with items purchased through Disney?

Mouse Planet:

Some of our readers are complaining about an apparent policy change regarding window and room decorations placed by guests during their stay. Apparently the policy has the guests being assessed a fee for decorating their room windows. As a number of our readers enjoy decorating their rooms, especially for the Halloween and Christmas seasons, this is causing some consternation. We have asked Walt Disney World for the details of this new fee/policy as well as the reasoning behind it. It will appear on my blog when we receive it, as well as in next week's Park Update. Meanwhile, you can join the debate on our MousePad discussion forums.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I think the difference is that when you purchase the decorations from DisneyFlorist, they will be doing the decorating for you, using approved methods of hanging stuff, if they actually hang something like a banner. I suspect that the decorations will be largely balloon bouquets and table top displays.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I've asked my son to talk to his former Roomie as he works the front desk at the Beach Club. He should get a straight answer out of him. Know I would not want to clean those windows everytime someone checked out. Somethings just get out of hand.

Tommy Morrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    If you go to the Disney Florist page (I can't post links yet but its disneyflorist.com) they have up what you can do for the room decorations during the "WWYC" year.

I looked into the anniversary one ... I think they all look really cool but maybe a bit on the pricey side for what you get, in regards to the anniversary one at least.
    Fry: "This was our storage closet. My Dad spent years turning it into a bomb shelter."
    Leela: "And yet you guys never had a single nuclear war."
    Bender: "What a waste."

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    They (Disney) have proven once again that they are geniuses at separating guests from their money.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I love this idea! Our trip in January is sort of a big birthday gift to my mother (Dec), myself (Feb) and my son (Mar). A three generational birthday celebration... I think I need to send this thread to my mother since the resies are under her name. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe